Sea Cargo Operator - Import
Carol Stream, IL /
Product Management – Sea /
Are you eager to use your experience and know-how to contribute to our business growth and expansion in the US market and thus build a promising career in an international freight forwarding company?
Become part of a small, friendly team to write a success story together! You will become part of an international team in which we are successful together - at the desk and around the globe, in which like-minded people work together to achieve great things! We have ambitious growth plans to become an international top 20 freight forwarder, developing our ocean freight product, volume and customer base significantly in the years ahead.
Our colleagues in Operations are the heart-beat of cargo-partner's success up to date and will play a critical role in helping us achieve our common goals in the year ahead. Being a cargo-partner means more, we share passion for customer service excellence, we take it personally towards our colleagues, customers and suppliers and we want you to join us and take us forward!
Job Description: Daily handling of business cases in the area of sea cargo import shipments in accordance with USA regulations and Cargo Partner standards and procedures.
The position's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Handle USA import shipments for internal and agent routed business
- Manage work flow. Advise Sea import Manager of issues
- Monitor shipment profitability
- Follow INCOTERMS
- Communicate with clients, agents, and Cargo Partner offices to confirm new shipments, advise transport details , and provide updates throughout the transport
- File rates with FMC.
- Open files within our SPOT tracking system and in AS400
- Issue arrival notices
- Dispatch and communicate with truckers for cargo pick-up and delivery
- Issue freight invoices upon departure and input vendor costs
Skills & Qualifications
- Ocean freight experience would be desirable but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Prior experience with AS400 preferred but not mandatory
- Strong customer service, Teamwork, Coordination, Organization, Planning, Time Management, Reporting & Documentation Skills, Data Entry Skills.
- Personal values; integrity, honesty, energetic, active.
What's in it for you
- Competitive salary package
- Opportunities to work with highly competent teams and leaders
- Learn and gain experience
- Join the cargo-partner family with an international network of over 140 oversea offices and 3,600 employees worldwide
- Medical / Dental /Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick and Personal Time
- 401K Retirement Plan
Are you looking to make a change or try something new, in a fast-paced, challenging position. Come join our innovative and dynamic international company, we want to get to know you! Submit your resume via our online job portal or send an e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org and hear how we make work fun!