Shanghai Air Operation Manager
Product Management – Operations /
Descriptions of Key Responsibilities/ Tasks:
1. Responsible for the financial result of all profit centers related to Air Import/Export/coloading business and achieving budget targets defined for the department.
2. Responsible for set-up and continuous improvement of work-flow and operational procedures within the department.
3. Implementing corporate and national product strategy and SOPs within own department.
4. Responsible for the development of the business within own profit center – gain additional business from existing or new clients.
5. Own handling of Air Import/Export transports, in compliance with the company’s rules, SOPs and management instructions.
6. Responsible for the compliance of each physical and electronic transport file (own and team members): collecting all legally and internally required documents and updating all required systems for each handled shipment.
7. Handling damages and deficits of shipments according to relevant SOPs, immediate communication of the problems related to handled transports to the superior
8. Supervision of the department’s employees activity and handled Air transports; troubleshooting and/or escalation where required
9. Offering full support to Sales in finding appropriate transport solution for their requests and a competitive rate.
10. Following up the offers and collecting feedback from the client or Sales.
11. Informing other offices about potential business in their region (sales leads).
12. To be responsible for personnel leadership within the department
13. To coordinate within the department and with other departments and countries within the Company
14. To conduct the performance management for the team, responsible for train and mentor high potentials in operations and sales
15. To take up additional assignments/tasks as required to meet with the Company needs.
Minimum Education /Qualifications/Experience:
- University degree in Business Administration/ Logistics or equivalent with relevant and at least 8 years industrial experience of which 5 years must be in managerial positions
- Computer basic knowledge, MS Office
- Know how in operational systems (Cargowise)
- English language (business fluent)
- Strong airline network (close contacts to carriers)
- Knowledge of Co-load business
- Knowledge of operational processes
- Close connection to the Business market (Sales, Purchase, Partners)
- Negotiation and communication skills
- Leadership and organizing ability
- Driving force
- Commercial thinking
- Organized person
- Self-starter and go extra miles
cargo-partner is a privately owned full-range info-logistics provider offering a comprehensive portfolio of air, sea, land transport and warehousing services, with special expertise in information technology and supply chain optimization. The company operates over 160 offices in over 40 countries around the world to create fast and efficient solutions for a wide range of industries. With the SPOT platform, cargo-partner ensures easy cooperation and full transparency throughout the supply chain.
As a family-owned business, we are very employee-oriented and want to work with you to develop your career and personal goals. Take a look at our Mission & Vision.
Find out more about cargo-partner from our Youtube channel
Learn about Life at cargo-partner here
If you are looking for a challenging position in an innovative and dynamic international company, we want to get to know you!