Business Development Manager
Business Development / Sales – Business Development / Sales /
cargo-partner is a leading multinational freight forwarder and integrated logistics provider with particular strength in intercontinental transport solutions. Based in Austria, cargo-partner is present in over 40 countries with more than 3000 employees and continues to grow and expand across the world.
Our employees are highly motivated professionals from many different nations with diverse cultural backgrounds who share a common passion for their work, excellent communication skills and a strong entrepreneurial approach.
We offer an interesting career kick-start for talented people without experience as well as a rewarding opportunity for accomplished logistics and business professionals. We believe in establishing long-term relationships and investing in the continuous development of our employees.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Chicagoland Area
Report to: Head of Business Development
The Business Development Manager will identify, target and win new business. Establish relationships and secure contracts with new customers that achieve assigned sales quotas and targets. Critical to success is a candidate who is a true “hunter” with high ambition and self-motivated.
- Establish relationships and secure contracts with new customers as you are building and maintaining a healthy sales pipeline to meet or exceed sales targets.
- Drive the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed sales.
- Prospect for potential customers using various direct methods such as cold calling and face to face meetings along with indirect methods such as networking and utilizing social media platforms.
- Maintain predetermined number of target accounts and demonstrates active attention to those accounts while progress toward closing.
- Expert in functional knowledge of the products, services and operations offered by the company.
- Serve as the primary interdepartmental interface for resolution of customer & operational issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Candidate with 5+ years of proven experience selling Freight Forwarding/Logistics.
- Outside B2B Sales experience with demonstrated history of sales achievements in a base plus commission environment with experience closing sales at the executive level.
- Must have strongly developed persuasive skills; proven negotiation skills.
- Effective planning and organization necessary to schedule appointments appropriately and meet reporting deadlines.
cargo-partner is a privately owned full-range info-logistics provider offering a comprehensive portfolio of air, sea, land transport and warehousing services, with special expertise in information technology and supply chain optimization. The company operates over 140 offices in over 40 countries around the world to create fast and efficient solutions for a wide range of industries. With the SPOT platform, cargo-partner ensures easy cooperation and full transparency throughout the supply chain.
As a family-owned business, we are very employee-oriented and want to work with you to develop your career and personal goals. Take a look at our Mission & Vision.
If you are looking for a challenging position in an innovative and dynamic international company, we want to get to know you!
Apply now! It will only take a minute, we promise!