Manager/Senior Manager LCL- Sea Cargo
Business Development / Sales – Sea Cargo /
The Ocean Freight Less Than Container Load (LCL) Product Manager will primarily drive the development of the LCL solutions within the Region. This role will establish guidelines for service execution continuity and profitability optimization for services and products attached to the LCL network. The LCL Product Manager will also support the Indian Sub-continent Ocean Product Management Team.
Contribute product development information to the budget process and assist branches to provide quality input throughout.
Develop and drive the establishment of a competitive network for our LCL product offering, including coordination with co-load partners and CFS facility providers.
Develop the proper tools and scorecard approach to measure the execution performance of our established CFS/LCL providers.
Optimize our LCL approach, defining proper break points and conversion targets per trade lane, from provider/co-load scenarios to direct consolidation containers (DCC’s).
Organize the implementation of new processes and policies for the LCL product.
Actively engage to establish, communicate and manage pricing guidelines and tools for sales
Consistently communicate with sales and current/prospective customer base to understand what are the market needs and values
Actively drive all aspects of Corporate Compliance for Ocean LCL services which includes but is not limited to Regulatory programs, Security programs, as well as Export Compliance.
Work closely with branch and product management to outline specific training needs relevant to the LCL product.
Procurement of LCL service from globally approved Partners.
Page 1 of 3
- Local responsibility for PROCUREMENT
- Meeting with core/ preferred carriers min. 2 times per year
- Ensure 80% of our business is booked with core/ preferred carriers
- Ensure 80% of our business is booked via e-booking
- Annually review of Local Charges together with CPM and GND /TLM
- Enforce DIRECT PROCUREMENT (cut out the middleman)
- Ensure all sales are provided with the right product targets and a competitive pricing to avoid the risk of a TOTAL COST TRAP
- Pre-filter and coordinate global tender inquiries in alignment with our KAS targets and final coordination with HQ.
- Ensure retention activities with our TOP accounts.
- Coordinate biggest business opportunities and overview of the most complex businesses like project business such as : NAK agreements project business with CPM
- Ensuring up-to-date product knowledge among Operational heads in cooperation with TQM
- Ensure product know-how is relayed to all staff
- Coordinate annual budget and target setting process with support of the Director SF ,MD and Sales
- Quarterly: black routings, Core and Preferred Carrier assessments
- Monthly: Loss Making and low performing Branches, “quote log” down to quotation level
Build strong interfaces with:
- Sales Heads, Branch Management, MD, National controlling, RM & TLM, Vertical Market Leader, overseas NPMs
- Quarterly written report about situation in respective area of responsibility to be handed over to CPM two working days after Bordero Closing. Incl. the self assessment sheet.
Page 2 of 3
Level of Education:
Extended commercial education or special education in Sea freight forwarding
registered as authorized representative
At least 10 years in Seafreight in terms of
- Development of USP´s and product definition
- Implementation and product launch within sales and operational organization
- Carrier negotiations and personal contacts
- Key account sales and development
Computer basic knowledge MS Office
Know how in operational systems (Alfresco, Jasper, SPOT) English language (business fluent)
Established shipping company network (close contacts to carriers) Superior economic geographical skills
Knowledge of operational processes
Close connection to the Business market (Sales, Purchase, Partners) Valid driving license for passenger car
Proven record of own business development with multinationals Convincing presentation and communication skills in native tongue + English language
Leadership and negotiation skills Talents of
- dominance (“better than others”)
- stimulance (“passion for excellence”)
- balance (“we take it personally”) Sales-oriented
Motivating / Self-Motivating Willingness and ability to travel Sales and Purchasing ability Ability to give new/fresh impetus Networking
cargo-partner is a privately owned full-range info-logistics provider offering a comprehensive portfolio of air, sea, land transport and warehousing services, with special expertise in information technology and supply chain optimization. The company operates over 130 offices in 40 countries around the world to create fast and efficient solutions for a wide range of industries. With the SPOT platform, cargo-partner ensures easy cooperation and full transparency throughout the supply chain.
As a family-owned business, we are very employee-oriented and want to work with you to develop your career and personal goals. Take a look at our Mission & Vision.
If you are looking for a challenging position in an innovative and dynamic international company, we want to get to know you!
Apply now! It will only take a minute, we promise!