Business Development Manager Logistics (m/f)
Business Development / Sales – Business Development / Sales
cargo-partner is currently hiring a Business Development Manager located in Fischamend Austria. The Manager will act as subject matter expert, responsible for securing new Contract Logistics business through a targeted and clearly defined sales approach for new clients. Cargo-partner Contract Logistics division is focused on designing and operating complex supply chain solutions including dedicated and multi-client warehouse & e-Commerce fulfilment operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for crafting account strategies, building customer relationships, supporting the development of best practice solutions and presenting same to potential customers. In addition, this individual will work internally to align all stakeholders and build support for these opportunities; ensuring timely RFP/RFQ response communications, sales presentation excellence, as well as supporting post-award on-boarding.
Your main tasks
- Work with a wide range of stakeholders, across multiple countries to develop compelling and integrated supply chain solutions, with a focus on complex, large scale dedicated & multi-client, single and multi-warehouse solutions. This should include clearly articulating the value proposition for Contract Logistics.
- Develop and implement sales plans and sales campaigns to take advantage of market opportunities.
- Develop innovative industry solutions to meet and exceed our customers’ objectives, increasing profit and service.
- Generate sales leads and participate in networking opportunities for MNCs with a particular focus on companies with large e-commerce channels.
- Ensure lead and opportunity pipelines have sufficient revenue to drive budgeted top line growth
- Proactively establish and cultivate trust-based relationships with potential customers, with the aim of becoming their preferred Lead Logistics Provider.
- Prepare and present compelling, commercially creative proposals to prospective clients, ensuring accuracy and completeness of information and within clients’ specific timeframes.
- Secure new Contract Logistics business that meets or exceeds your personal new business annualized revenue target.
- Ensure all business development best practice processes & procedures are followed. Support the negotiation and development of contractual documents that protect commercial and risk position.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree required, preferably in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Marketing or a technical field.
- 5+ years’ contract logistics sales experience working for a tier 1 3PL.
- Hunter mentality with demonstrable experience of successfully targeting supply chain leaders from large MNC’s and converting leads into significant business opportunities.
- Multi-year experience of working with companies in one or more (ideally) of the following sectors: C&R, Technology, Automotive, Industrial, Aviation or Healthcare.
- Strong communication skills; oral & written along with excellent presentation and report writing skills.
- Highly motivated and results oriented.
- Experience developing and implementing broad sales and related business programs.
- Applying comprehensive sales, business, and related principles and practices.
- Interpreting and applying company policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Working with executive management.
- Providing consultation and advice on overall business strategies and philosophies.
- Integrating global sales, product development, and business strategies.
- Understanding of marketing, research and development, manufacturing, and related business functions.
Career plan and professional growth opportunities? We guarantee an individual path of professional development. We give development opportunities in various projects.
Implementation of own initiatives? Our success is based on team spirit. This is why our colleagues accept responsibility, are always part of the solution, and act as true partners to customers and colleagues alike.
Stability of employment? Dynamic work in a stable international company with a leading position in the air and sea freight market. We focus on long-term cooperation. After the project is over, we talk, listen and provide further challenges.
Ready to get things moving?
follow us with a hashtag: #cargopartner