Rail Specialist, China
Product Management – Rail /
In this position, the person will be part of the Rail Product Team for China. The person will report directly to the National Product Manager- Rail, respecting the policies and procedures of cargo partner and in close collaboration with the China Branch Offices to achieve group results. Demonstrating an active, hands on and collaborative approach to managing the product and operations, you will be expected to establish credibility both internally and externally in the areas of responsibility.
Descriptions of Key Responsibilities/ Tasks:
- Coordinate with overseas office/agent to driving sale of rail service, develop appropriate SOP and any requirements to secure new business.
- To co-ordinate with internal and external clients and overseas offices in order to meet their requirements in terms of Rail Transportation Requisitions and Performance.
- To co-ordinate with sub-contractors / Rail operators in order to ensure that the internal and external clients’ requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensures effective communications with internal and external clients, co-workers, supervisors, other work functions and other departments.
- Report any issues found during the operations to escalate to line management and recommendation in timely basis to find out the best solutions to minimize the risks.
- Ensure operation of rail service to follow Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) and work instruction to meet customers' requirements.
- Recommend and implement preventive plan and corrective action on any problem or customers' complaint.
- Coordinate and negotiate with sub-contractors to minimize expense and increase profitability.
- Develop and maintain regular service or problem review with customers to enhance current and future business.
- Assist NPM to work with sale team to provide and promote necessary details, pricing, solution, SOP to enable sale team to offer competitive rate and service to increase volume of current and new business.
- Record and analyze Rail volume, income and profit in order to generate proposal to increase volume and profit with cost management.
- Record and conduct Rail operation review meeting with operation team to develop and improve service level to meet or exceed customers' demand.
- Performs special projects and all other Rail projects assigned by NPM, especially associated with the further growth of Rail products and markets.
- Support NPM on product specific initiatives, targets and solutions for the country with CPM and MD and organize subsequent implementation in the country.
- Conduct meeting for operation review with sub-contractors to follow standard operating procedure to increase service level.
- Support and fulfill operation team when required
- University degree in Business Administration/ Logistics or equivalent.
- 3+ years working experience in 3PL and specialized in Rail transportation.
- Understand the special processes, customs regulations and requirements of logistics in Rail industry.
- Knowledge in contract logistics and supply chain solutions.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong internal selling skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English & Mandarin.
cargo-partner is a privately owned full-range info-logistics provider offering a comprehensive portfolio of air, sea, land transport and warehousing services, with special expertise in information technology and supply chain optimization. The company operates over 130 offices in 40 countries around the world to create fast and efficient solutions for a wide range of industries. With the SPOT platform, cargo-partner ensures easy cooperation and full transparency throughout the supply chain.
As a family-owned business, we are very employee-oriented and want to work with you to develop your career and personal goals. Take a look at our Mission & Vision.
If you are looking for a challenging position in an innovative and dynamic international company, we want to get to know you!
Apply now! It will only take a minute, we promise!