New York City
We're Cargo, a fast-growing venture-backed retail tech startup based in NYC with an in-car commerce platform exclusively distributing products for brands like Mars/Wrigley, Kellogg's, RX Bar, and Red Bull. Need something while on the go? Grab it from Cargo at arms-length convenience and benefit your driver in the process.
Our software must simultaneously provide intuitive consumer experiences and a robust scalable back-end. To execute our vision, we are assembling a small team of excellent engineers; we know that high quality products come from focused teams rather than mass production engineering.
Cargo is the first mover in the in-car commerce space and as such we're setting the bar. To take advantage of this vast opportunity we need high performance software built by engineers who are excited by the idea of working in a business with an innovative physical product.
You will have strong ownership over the growth of our Rails 5/Relay Modern driver, brand and rider focused applications, and pilot front-end decisions within our platform. You'll also contribute to the architecture and feature set of our proprietary inventory management system to support the growth of this exciting new retail channel.
- Ownership over the growth of our Rails 5/Relay Modern driver, brand and rider focused applications, and pilot front-end decisions within our platform
- Contribute to the architecture and feature set of our proprietary inventory management system to support the growth of this exciting new retail channel
- Collaborate with your fellow engineers to put out fires and solve problems quickly
- 4+ years of production experience with large scale, high performance web applications
- Startup experience a plus
- React/Relay proficiency a plus
Perks & Benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it
- Tons of snacks in the office at all times!
- A great culture of collaborative and engaging coworkers
Cargo is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Cargo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
We’re the leader in the creation of the passenger economy and changing the way people think about on-the-go retail. Whether it’s an energy drink to give you a boost, a granola bar to feed your hunger while on-the-move, or a charging cord to keep your mobile productivity going, we use a sophisticated operations process and easy-to-use technology to give rideshare riders what they need right when they need it.
For the rideshare drivers who have Cargo in their vehicles, our service is a great new way to increase their earnings during a time when every dollar counts. And best of all, Cargo costs drivers absolutely nothing! We handle the entire process of acquiring inventory, shipping products to drivers needing a restock, and processing purchase payments. Drivers simply put a Cargo box in their vehicle and watch their earnings grow.