Redwood City, CA
We are looking for a Data Engineer to design and implement the next version of Carrot Inc's Data Warehouse and related systems. You will pull, store, and process data that comes from various sources including Carrot’s smoking cessation app, breath sensor, analytic systems, and more.
Backed by Khosla Ventures, R7 Partners, Lynne & Marc Benioff and led by a team with deep medical industry experience, Carrot is on a mission to save lives by leveraging technology to bring the most effective methods of smoking cessation to the masses. Joining at this formative stage, you’ll have the unique opportunity help bring to market a broad range of projects and deliverables across multiple mobile and web applications for a variety of audiences including consumers, behavioral coaches, content creators, and more.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborate with Data Analysts, Product Managers, and Engineers to design a high-quality PostgreSQL Data Warehouse schema and solution
- Work within the company’s Agile process and systems to prioritize projects into sprints
- Implement Amazon Cloud (AWS) services for data connectors, ELT, data cleansing, data summarization, and automated data QA
- Update and create scripts in Node.js, and similar languages
- Import data from sources including PostgreSQL, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Amazon Kinesis, and Zendesk
- Create, monitor, and maintain a job scheduling system
- Build automated tests to ensure data quality
- Establish best practices and standards for data definitions and quality
- Publish and maintain a Data Dictionary
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering or related discipline
- 2+ years of relevant Data Warehouse work experience
- Track record of building Data Warehouses that enable accurate and easy analyses
- Exceptional database and schema design skills including Star and Snowflake schema design
- Master of DDL, DML, and query SQL
- Ability to scale systems and performance tune
- PostgreSQL and Mixpanel experience is preferred
What We Offer:
At Carrot Inc., we'll take care of you.
In addition to competitive salaries, exciting work assignments and ample opportunities for growth, we offer medical, dental and vision insurance, stock options and generous PTO. Additionally, you will receive paid VTO (volunteer time off) to #dogood alongside your team or on your own at an organization that's close to your heart. To help you plan for the future, we also offer a 401K plan and complimentary Life- and LTD coverage.
Our office location features bay trail access to the waterway, walking and running trails, a complimentary membership to our full service gym with pool, free lunches at a world class cafe on-site, a complimentary Caltrain shuttle and close proximity to 101.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Carrot. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.