VP of Marketing
Redwood City, CA
Carrot Inc. is seeking a VP of Marketing who will lead our efforts to establish Carrot’s Pivot program as the most innovative, effective and widely used solution to help people quit smoking for good. Pivot is an entirely different kind of solution that combines technology, science, and human support to change a life-long behavior. The opportunity is massive, and central to its success is building a marketing strategy that includes employers (both self-insured and insured), health plans, hospitals, health systems, insurers and other business partners.
This position reports to the CEO. The VP of Marketing owns Carrot Inc.’s marketing strategy and execution for B2B, B2C and product marketing. The candidate will drive the structure, hiring and ongoing management of a growing marketing organization. Areas of focus will include B2B marketing (driving awareness, lead generation, analysis and targeting, digital and traditional advertising, trade shows, developing clinical and other marketing assets to support sales), B2C marketing (channel marketing, DTC, awareness campaigns), and product marketing as our offering evolves.
We are looking for an analytical leader well versed in using quantitative and qualitative methods to pinpoint opportunities for growth, and in leveraging creative methods and scalable technology platforms to turn those opportunities into wins. The ideal candidate has strong grasp of traditional marketing functions as well as ability to innovate and test new methodologies, and a strong track record of delivery.
What you'll be doing
- Manage all marketing functions for Carrot
- Using your deep understanding of key target audiences, you will own the marketing strategy, including product and brand positioning in the market.
- Develop the U.S. and global marketing strategy, and create actionable marketing programs to drive high value sales leads and profitable revenue
- Set and drive a multi-channel marketing strategy, B2B and B2C, that is comprised of both best practices and disruptive approaches to marketing
- Develop and own the PR strategy, and leverage your media relationships to identify outreach channels
- Partner with Design, Customer Success, Sales, and Product teams to both establish a strategic roadmap for marketing, as well as create compelling marketing touch points that establish and grow the Pivot brand
- Partner with the Product team to launch new features, including execution of the communication strategy to users, clients, partners, and the media
- Build out marketing department organizational structure, identify talent needs, hire (where needed), and manage a high-performing integrated marketing team
- Collaborate effectively with the commercial team to establish a market segmentation strategy and a bottoms-up forecast model, create messaging and promotional strategy to reach target segments
- Deeply understand data analytics, and collect, report, and translate data into insights and actionable plans to key stakeholders
- Collaborate with Customer Success and Sales to understand and accelerate the sales cycle by identifying ways in which marketing can help clients make faster decisions
- Drive quantitative and qualitative research to inform the product roadmap and marketing and product launch strategies in collaboration with the GTM, Product, and Design teams
- Forecast, oversee, and manage the marketing department budget
What you'll bring
- A proven ability and passion for imagining and pursuing novel approaches and creative solutions in the digital health, startup space
- Proven ability to set and execute multi-channel marketing strategies
- Experience with account-based marketing and the infrastructure tools needed to track leads from identification through deal closure
- Deep understanding of marketing automation
- Clear communicator who is able to gather feedback from various stakeholders, distill and synthesize information, and craft a concise, understandable synopsis
- Experience building and leading an agile, high-performing marketing team
- Experience and understanding of how to get things done in an early-stage environment
- Inspire and collaborate successfully with teammates and fellow leaders who possess a wide range of skill sets, professional experiences, and cultural backgrounds
- Move projects forward while skillfully managing and resolving sometimes divergent inputs and priorities
- Entrepreneurial with an ability to create and execute plans, yet flexible enough to respond to change while balancing multiple projects and priorities
- Self-starter who is able to take projects from strategy through execution with a high attention to detail
- Passion for life-long learning, coupled with a personal drive to be involved in an endeavor singularly focused on improving the health and daily lives of millions of people from all walks of life
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
- 10+ years owning or managing Marketing in a complex industry
- B2B and B2C experience
- Minimum 5 years people management experience
At Carrot Inc., we'll take care of you.
In addition to competitive salaries, exciting work assignments and ample opportunities for growth, we offer medical, dental and vision insurance, stock options and generous PTO. Additionally, you will receive paid VTO (volunteer time off) to #dogood alongside your team or on your own at an organization that's close to your heart. To help you plan for the future, we also offer a 401K plan and complimentary Life- and LTD coverage.
Our office location features bay trail access to the waterway, walking and running trails, a complimentary membership to our full service gym with pool, free lunches at a world class cafe on-site, a complimentary Caltrain shuttle and close proximity to 101.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we not only value, but seek diversity at Carrot. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.