Redwood City, CA
As a Product Designer, you’ll be key to visioning and creating a multi-faceted offering that is still in its nascency. Carrot’s audience is comprised of people seeking to make substantial changes in their habits and life. As such, this opportunity will challenge you to think deeply about their needs, mindset, and motivations in order to imagine original solutions that are clear, concise, empathetic, supportive, and non-judgmental. You’ll be at the forefront of defining new ways to track progress, help people stay motivated, and continuously engage people in a lengthy journey of confidence-building and taking on step-wise challenges. You’ll have the unique opportunity to imagine and bring to market a broad range of products and deliverables across hardware, multiple mobile and Web applications for a variety of audiences including consumers, behavioral coaches, content creators, and more.
In this journey, you’ll collaborate with hardware and software engineers, product managers, researchers, behavioral scientists, coaches, content creators, and of course, end users to define Carrot’s roadmap, prototype product features, gain user feedback, and rapidly iterate to create an engaging and effective product. Your days will be spent solving problems leveraging behavioral science principles, data, and user feedback, ideating a wide variety of solutions, mocking up rapid prototypes, communicating, defending, and improving concepts through discussion with product managers and behavioral scientists, and working closely with engineering to ship product.
What you'll be doing
- Create and collaboratively develop product solutions for a variety of complex and abstract problems, collaborating with our entire design (Product and Marketing), behavioral science, product management, and engineering teams
- Use your full range of interaction, visual, and product thinking skills to fully understand the problem space, define design parameters, and address user and business needs
- Craft wireframes, apply visual design standards, and create prototypes to communicate solutions that are grounded in a strong point of view
- Partner closely with the engineering and product teams to jointly own and deliver user-driven product requirements and ensure the level of accurate and efficient implementation expected of world-class consumer products
- Build on the unique culture an early stage startup by influencing hiring, evolving our processes, and bringing experiences from outside of work to inspire the company
What you'll bring
- Experience (3+ years) working on high-quality interactive products and experiences across a range of platform including desktop web, iOS, and Android
- You’re a self-starter who frames problems clearly, brings original ideas and approaches to solving them and persuasively communicates the most compelling solutions
- You take a hypothesis driven approach to define key product assumptions and clearly test them through rapid prototyping and iteration
- You’re a human-centered designer that conducts user research, identifies key needs, behaviors and motivations to create insight driven designs
- You have a strong knowledge and can demonstrate application of user interface design processes and methodologies for web and mobile applications
- You are highly proficient with design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.) and with interactive prototyping tools (Framer, Principle, Origami, Invision Studio, etc.)
- You have strong user interface or visual design experience with a basic knowledge ofHTML, CSS, iOS, and Android
- You understand graphic and typographic fundamentals and sweat the details to produce highly functional and engaging designs and prototypes
- Comfort and enthusiasm for collaborating with teammates who possess a broad range of skill sets, professional experiences, and cultural backgrounds
- You obsess about the details and ruthlessly focus on the last yard to get great design over the line
- You have highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- You’re positive, open minded and collaborative with strong self-management skills and the ability to fluidly contribute on multi-disciplinary teams
- A passion for life-long learning coupled with a personal drive to be involved in an endeavor singularly focused on improving the health and daily lives of millions of people from all walks of life
What We Offer:
At Carrot Inc., we'll take care of you.
In addition to competitive salaries, challenging work assignments, and developmental opportunities, we offer medical, dental and vision insurance, stock options and generous PTO, including dedicated time for volunteering.
Office location featuring Bay Trails access to the waterway, walking path, full service gym with pool, world class cafe on-site, Caltrain shuttle and close proximity to 101.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.