Technical Support Specialist
Beaumont, Texas /
Cart.com is an ecommerce software, services, and brand holding company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands (and a few of our own) move faster, grow later, and deliver on their promises more completely.
Cart.com is looking for someone that can help our clients help solve technical problems with their online store via chat, support tickets, email, or phone. The perfect candidate will contain an unquenchable thirst for web knowledge and interest in ecommerce while also being a personable customer focused trouble-shooter who enjoys technology and its challenges.
A Cart.com Technical Support Agent will live for helping customers sell stuff online, editing a site’s settings and rules, tweak their design, plus have a moderate understanding of browser and device compatibility. Knowledge of fundamental web development languages are preferred to help make our features come to life on client sites.
Other responsibilities may include writing step-by-step knowledge base articles, helping customers with setup issues, training our community on the product, becoming an in-house expert on our platform, raising critical issues to our developers and being an advocate for customer needs.
- Become a product expert on the Cart.com ecommerce platform’s arsenal of features and benefits in addition to the new products and services that Cart.com is building
- Work hand in hand with ecommerce store owners via support tickets, email, chat and phone in order to troubleshoot and solve issues from customers
- Raise awareness to Tier 2 Support team when issues seem critical to customer success
- Team-first attitude and willingness to help your co-workers provide excellent customer service
- Be a voice that shares ideas on ways to improve processes, features, and services to meet the needs of online store owners
- Write how-to articles designed to help guide our customers through Cart.com features and offerings
- Stay current with fundamental understandings of device and browser compatibilities as well as basic web languages such as HTML and CSS
- Represent the Cart.com’s core values at all times
Education & Experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent practical experience
- 1-3 years of experience in any relatable field such as website development, technical support, eCommerce, advertising, marketing, consulting, media, or SaaS
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- Ability to travel 20% of the time as required
- Personable and friendly persona that would resonate well with customers
- Experience providing technical support for web applications or software
- Experience working directly with online store or ecommerce operators
- Ability to perform any Web Design or Web Development tasks
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO:
1. Think outside the box. Actually, think like there is no box
2. Dream big, work hard, never give up
3. Fail fast but learn even faster with curiosity
4. Blame no one and respect everyone
5. Remember: earning it is always better than the alternative
6. Have fun…lots of it!
Cart.com is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to identify and onboard people from all walks of life. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.