Senior Brand Manager
San Francisco, California /
Cart.com is an ecommerce software, services, and brand holding company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands (and a few of our own) move faster, grow later, and deliver on their promises more completely.
As a key team member of the Brands & Marketplaces arm of Cart.com, the Sr Brand Manager will play a key role in incubating and building brands from the ground up. Spanning across multiple categories in eCommerce, the Owned Brands & Marketplaces team will scale a portfolio of brands and marketplaces and take them from $0 to $100M. The Sr. Brand Manager will develop and execute digital-focused brand strategy across multiple brands, working with marketing and creative teams to align branding across online and social media, optimizing brand vision and value proposition. The brand manager will plan and execute digital marketing and promotional collateral across channels (paid and organic).
We are seeking a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, creative, team player to work cross-functionally to bring our brand visions to market. The candidate has a deep passion for eCommerce and scaling brands. This role will have high impact from Day One.
- Manage brand strategy, working with creative and marketing team to convey each brand’s distinct value proposition to the market and ensure consistent creative execution.
- Coordinate digital marketing spend, managing return across channels and working cross-functionally with marketing team to ensure execution across paid and organic channels.
- Oversee organic content creation and execution.
- Manage digital marketing budget and return on advertising spend, as well as plan and execute on promotional activities.
- Utilize category and consumer insights to identify brand positioning and opportunities for growth. Innovation is in our DNA, and we are looking for a brand manager that will seek out opportunities for our products to grow into.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent experience. MBA a plus.
- 3-6 years in brand management role or consumer marketing for physical products; Home category experience a plus.
- Strong cross-functional team player.
- Data-driven decision maker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Experience working at a rapidly growing eCommerce brand a plus.
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO:
1. Think outside the box. Actually, think like there is no box
2. Dream big, work hard, never give up
3. Fail fast but learn even faster with curiosity
4. Blame no one and respect everyone
5. Remember: earning it is always better than the alternative
6. Have fun…lots of it!
Cart.com is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to identify and onboard people from all walks of life. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.