Senior Account Director
Portland, Oregon /
Cart.com is an ecommerce software and services company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands move faster, grow more quickly, and deliver on their promises more completely.
As a Sr. Account Director you will be an advocate for and working with some of the most iconic consumer brands to help them grow in an increasingly complex global market. Your job is to own the relationship between Cart and the client. You’ll continuously work to build relationships up, down, and across the client’s organization. You will champion and highly influence the adoption of new ideas, products, and services. Your job is not to maintain, your job is to ADVANCE the client’s strategy and help them achieve measurable growth objectives.
We are looking for a customer-focused, data-driven individual who can strategically lead performance marketing and advertising, while at the same time, operationally direct responsibilities that span across channel marketing efforts. You will work with both our internal Cart and external client team members to ensure seamless execution of key initiatives and tactics that have associated KPIs. Elements may entail: gathering and providing insights (quantitative and qualitative) across all consumer touchpoints; marketing and advertising forecasting; gathering benchmark KPIs; integrated planning; media mix modeling; audience segmentation; creative messaging, promotion, and content calendar; mapping the consumer journey from ad impressions to sales to retention; CRM testing cadence; daily pacing; and communications across the functional teams.
You will be responsible for overseeing multiple projects at a time and will be working with an account team in ensuring that these projects meet or exceed client expectations and are delivered on-time. This role is critical to the success of our customers who have chosen to use Cart for their ecommerce business needs, and in particular have chosen Cart’s Marketing Services. You will be measured on customer satisfaction and retention metrics.
* Ability to be Remote.
- Work in tandem with internal team members (e.g., Storefront, Marketing Services, Fulfillment Services, Data & Analytics Services) to implement key initiatives, develop strategy, control project scope, and uphold the change control process to ensure that projects are completed according to schedule and within budget. (You will be fully supported by a team of specialists (e.g., Project/Account Manager and specialized service members.)
- Build strong connections within the client’s organization, and act as the client’s primary point of contact for all day-to-day project related issues.
- Identify key opportunities for client growth that includes applicable adoption of Cart services.
- Identify risk early and communicate often about the mitigation plan and status.
- Collaborate with the team to develop and implement marketing and advertising annual planning of key initiatives, prioritized testing cadence and execution tactics (per an approved plan), i.e., audience, creative, media and website.
- Prioritize and support key initiatives and testing cadence through meetings, tools, and organization with the ability to run internal and client calls.
- Contribute to reporting content and story-line insights (KPIs, creative, testing, analytics) for weekly meetings and quarterly business reviews across media plans and key client deliverables. (Specialized service members develop and deliver their key insights/KPIs for the Sr. Client Partner).
- Help drive creative strategy with audience segmentation that aligns with the client’s core customer profile.
- Ensure consistent brand equity and increase brand relevancy across each consumer segment (audiences) through advertising (creative, media) and a connected consumer experience that’s grounded in digital with a mobile-first mindset.
- 10+ years direct work experience in a client services marketing and account management capacity, including all aspects of digital (required) and traditional (a plus); or digital marketing experience working directly for brands with an ecommerce presence.
- Well versed in ecommerce and marketing, and ideally the intersection of the two.
- Exposure to and involvement with target audience and media/marketing planning. Ability to implement such strategies across various an ecosystem of internal teams, external teams, vendors, etc.
- Experience across multiple media channels, with emphasis on digital advertising (SEM, Social, Display, SEO).
- Must have a grounded understanding of digital advertising, marketing, creative, and tech (e.g., analytics, ad creatives, landing pages, pixel, UTM parameters).
- Can manage a media portfolio to a budget for performance driven campaigns, including the ability to pivot strategies to reach/exceed set goals.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments with a professional demeanor.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Incredible organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong experience with Excel with the ability to create pivot table reports and charts and use all basic formulas.
- Ability to present to a larger audience (20+)
- Technical savvy, including experience with Analytics and understanding of HTML, tracking parameters, campaign trafficking, pixels, etc.
- Strong experience with PowerPoint and the ability to create a compelling and visually appealing presentation.
- Incredible organizational skills and attention to detail.
OUR CORE VALUES:
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They are on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO:
WE ARE OBSESSED WITH BRANDS
We live for brands and are fanatical about their success.
WE THINK BEYOND THE BOX
We explore new ideas and discover creative solutions. We think openly about how to serve brands and solve problems.
WE DON'T GIVE UP
No one expected this to be easy. We are resilient— we dig in and keep going.
WE SPEAK UP
Every person here has an obligation to question norms, voice concerns, and offer their perspective.
WE WORK TOGETHER
We work with integrity and respect, ask for help, and extend the same help to others.
WE ARE HUMAN
Our people are our biggest strength. We have fun and make real connections with one another and with the brands we serve.
Cart.com is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to identify and onboard people from all walks of life. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.