Corporate Controller (Austin or Houston
Austin, Texas /
Finance & Accounting /
Cart.com is an ecommerce software, services, and brand holding company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands (and a few of our own) move faster, grow later, and deliver on their promises more completely.
The Corporate Controller plays a critical role in our business by directing all accounting functions so that payments, financial statements, information directed outside the company, and any other required projects are completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Manage the accuracy, timeliness, and productivity of daily, weekly, and monthly accounting processes to include billing, collection, accounts payable, payroll, general accounting, cost accounting, and inventory control
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Generate processes and procedures to consistently improve efficiency and accuracy of accounting department
- Develop processes and procedures that improve gross margin and net margin ratios by ensuring direct and overhead costs are minimized through efficiency, organization, and financial management oversight
- Develop, improve and issue timely financial records for executives by ensuring closing processes are completed by established deadlines
- Perform internal audits on payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, and collection processes
- Oversee external audits on annual financial and annual retirement savings plan audits, as well as State/Federal audits, as required
- Provide leadership and direction to accounting department to ensure staff meets established deadlines and maintains motivation
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- At least ten (10) years of experience in a general accounting (preferably supervisory) position
- Two (2) plus years experience of the ten (10) should be as a Controller in order to manage and coordinate function of the tasks and personnel within the data entry and accounting departments
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- CPA Certification strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with positive proven experience in dealing with various levels of personnel and others outside the company
- In-depth knowledge and practical understanding of the working of the financial statements with ability to analyze and improve upon inadequacies
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP Accounting rules & regulations
- Knowledge of and experience with varied accounting systems
- Prior experience within a high-growth technology company preferred
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage time and responsibilities for self and employees; flexibility for changing duties; ability to meet deadlines; ability to handle various responsibilities simultaneously
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO:
1. Think outside the box. Actually, think like there is no box
2. Dream big, work hard, never give up
3. Fail fast but learn even faster with curiosity
4. Blame no one and respect everyone
5. Remember: earning it is always better than the alternative
6. Have fun…lots of it!
Cart.com is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to identify and onboard people from all walks of life. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.