Human Resources (People) Generalist (Houston OR Austin)
Houston, Texas /
Cart.com is an ecommerce software, services, and brand holding company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands (and a few of our own) move faster, grow later, and deliver on their promises more completely.
The Human Resource Generalist will assist with running the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and new employee onboarding, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
This newly created role will be integral in ensuring that Cart.com’s people practices are aligned to the business strategy by partnering with business leaders and teams to drive the implementation of solutions and strategies that ensure results and make an impact.
Specifically, this role will focus on our operations roadmap that will result in automation, standardization, and centralization of HR processes and systems. Other key areas of focus include employee onboarding programs, HR service delivery, employee relations, benefits, compensation, performance management, HR Systems and HR Compliance & reporting.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the talent acquisition team and process, collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Advise/coach/train stakeholders on disciplinary and performance processes and ensure compliance with company policy and legal requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- 1 to 2 years of human resource management experience, ideally within a dynamic, fast-paced, rapidly growing, global environment.
- Skilled in employee relations & performance management
- Deep functional/technical knowledge of regional employment laws and compliance. requirements is essential; working knowledge of laws in other geographies advantageous
- Strong business acumen with ability to partner and collaborate with HR colleagues, functional specialists and internal clients.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility and act with complete integrity; aptitude and proven ability to resolve conflicts creatively and collaboratively.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities effectively; comfortable with ambiguity.
- Able to interpret people requirements and facilitate broad scale proactive solutions.
- Experience with MS Office Suite & HRIS systems required.
- You have helped scale a People function from the ground up
- SHRM-CP a plus.
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO:
1. Think outside the box. Actually, think like there is no box
2. Dream big, work hard, never give up
3. Fail fast but learn even faster with curiosity
4. Blame no one and respect everyone
5. Remember: earning it is always better than the alternative
6. Have fun…lots of it!
Cart.com is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to identify and onboard people from all walks of life. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.