San Francisco, California /
Cart.com is an ecommerce software, services, and brand holding company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands (and a few of our own) move faster, grow later, and deliver on their promises more completely.
Spanning across multiple categories in eCommerce, the Owned Brands & Marketplaces team will scale a portfolio of brands and marketplaces and take them from $0 to $100M. The General Manager will play a key role in incubating and building brands from the ground up. We are looking for a dynamic leader and business owner who will own the P&L, scale the business rapidly over the next year, run day-to-day operations, and continuously improve the customer experience.
The best candidate will have a broad skill set, with demonstrated ability and experience scaling ecommerce businesses and a proven track record of delivering results. You must be a self-starter and be able to execute at both a tactical and strategic level with a strong attention to detail.
- Managing a full P&L, taking each of our owned brands and marketplaces to $100M+ businesses (with plenty of resources and support along the way).
- Overseeing and managing supplier relationship and communication.
- Developing and executing growth strategies (expansion into new product categories, GTM, brand/marketing), while maintaining an eye on profitability and driving business improvements.
- Collaborating with marketing, creative, and merchandizing.
- Work with CGO to set goals and strategic direction of the businesses, ensuring alignment with broader company goals and vision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent experience. MBA a plus.
- 5-10 years of experience scaling a high-growth products company, with deep experience in digital marketing. Experience working at a rapidly growing eCommerce brand a plus.
- Data-driven mindset, strong business judgment, and proven ability to perform analysis, draw key insights, and form and execute a strategy
- Experience managing projects across cross-functional teams and across geographies
- Proven self-starter with owner’s mentality; some entrepreneurial experience is preferred
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO:
1. Think outside the box. Actually, think like there is no box
2. Dream big, work hard, never give up
3. Fail fast but learn even faster with curiosity
4. Blame no one and respect everyone
5. Remember: earning it is always better than the alternative
6. Have fun…lots of it!
Cart.com is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to identify and onboard people from all walks of life. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.