Houston, Texas /
Cart.com is an ecommerce software, services, and brand holding company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands (and a few of our own) move faster, grow later, and deliver on their promises more completely.
The Administrative Assistant is a key member of the Cart.com team, and will help company executives increase their capacity and thus the overall productivity of the company. The company is growing quickly, and we are looking for someone who can grow with us. Day to day will vary depending on the company’s priorities, but this role will get to manage a variety of projects. We are looking for someone who can wear many hats – scheduling, project management, event planner – and knows what hat to put on before having to be asked to do it.
You know you will be successful in this role if you find joy in helping others and your north star is customer service. You like to connect with other people and figure out how you can make their lives easier. Whether it’s running errands for the CEO, helping the senior leadership team prepare materials for investor meetings, or planning an office party, you are a natural multitasker who is quick to respond to—and prioritize—requests.
- Coordinate calendars, schedule meetings, and book rooms for executive team – a bit of calendar Tetris wizardry!
- Help us make Cart.com a home for our employees and guests by being the hospitality liaison for visitors and company events (company town halls, board meetings, guest visits, etc.). You will add a touch of love to all interactions; going above and beyond to make people feel welcome and cared for.
- Serve as the administrative right-hand wo/man for the executive team by arranging travel, help with expense reporting, and other miscellaneous errands that the team may need.
- Help the executive team multiply their capacity by implementing and improving internal administrative and communication systems. Ensuring the back-end administrative tasks are always taken care of, providing a high degree of organization, creating efficiencies and processes, using templates, etc.
- Being proactive, solving challenges, and assisting with the unexpected. Regularly anticipate the needs of executive team through intuition and occasional mind-reading.
- Ensure executive office spaces are clean, presentable, and always fully stocked with various refreshments and snacks.
- 2+ years of event management and execution, coordinating with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet expected deadlines and schedules
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive material and information
- Experience working at fast growing early stage startup supporting operations and executive team
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO:
1. Think outside the box. Actually, think like there is no box
2. Dream big, work hard, never give up
3. Fail fast but learn even faster with curiosity
4. Blame no one and respect everyone
5. Remember: earning it is always better than the alternative
6. Have fun…lots of it!
Cart.com is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to identify and onboard people from all walks of life. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.