Enterprise Account Executive
Austin, Texas /
Cart.com is an ecommerce software, services, and brand holding company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands (and a few of our own) move faster, grow later, and deliver on their promises more completely.
As an Enterprise Account Executive, you will use your knowledge of the ecommerce ecosystem, rapid relationship building capabilities, lead prospecting methodologies, and consultative selling abilities to turn cold/warm leads into demos and demos into premium accounts. You will be responsible for building an upper-funnel of prospective merchants by researching customer pain-points, identifying where prospects are spending their time, crafting potent messaging, setting up phone conversations, and helping prospective merchants understand how Cart.com’s ecommerce-as-a-service offerings can help them holistically accelerate their growth. You will be charged with finding leads, working with warm leads, onboarding new merchants onto our ecommerce platform to ensure early success, and tactfully positioning our suite of premium growth solutions that includes fully managed support by our Accelerated Merchant Growth team. You should be adept at anticipating client needs and tenaciously uncovering the business needs of prospective merchants by way of asking exploratory questions and managing objections. Working with Enterprise level clients, you begin to set the vision and outline the strategy for how their ecommerce storefronts can increase customer acquisition, sales, customer retention and LTV. Cart.com Account Managers work across multiple business units, including but not limited to: Ecommerce Storefront and Marketplace Software, Performance Marketing/Creative Development, Client Partners managing accelerated-growth accounts, Marketing Automation, and Payments. Business units with which you interact will expand as more of Cart.com’s solutions are brought to market.
- Become a product expert on Cart.com’s arsenal of features and benefits
- Build your portfolio of ecommerce brands by prospecting and contacting new leads.
- Leverage qualified Enterprise inbound leads that have shown interest in a paid account or have already set up their demo accounts/flat-rate subscription plans. Your goal is to convert those leads to Accelerated Growth Plans that operate on a % of transaction fees model by effectively conveying the value of Cart.com’s full suite of value-adding services and solutions.
- Prioritize and manage your book of business while ensuring a healthy mix of prospects at each tier of your funnel: Cold leads, demo accounts, flat-rate subscription accounts, and fully managed accelerated growth accounts.
- Deliver against assigned quota, while prioritizing and delivering outstanding customer business experience to Cart.com’s merchants.
- Implement creative ways to improve our client relationships, tailor and share performance-enhancing suggestions, and take initiative as a leader to enhance business tools and processes.
- Communicate with clients proactively, via phone, video conference and email.
- Provide strategic advice and help clients adopt service plans that can help grow their store’s gross merchandising value by working closely with them in a consultative role.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5-7 year of experience in sales, eCommerce, advertising, marketing, consulting, media, online selling marketplaces, or SaaS
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically
- Ability to travel 20% of the time as required
- Experience identifying prospective clients and building comprehensive strategies to get in contact with those prospects to understand where they are in their journey and how a specific service/solution could benefit them.
- Experience uncovering the technical capabilities of software and leveraging that knowledge to help clients set up their accounts or storefronts.
- Experience strategically assessing and achieving client success via sales techniques, including effective questioning, objection handling and competitive selling.
- Experience working with Direct-to-Consumer/eCommerce brands, enterprise software-as-a-service sales, channel sales, advertisers, agencies, and/or clients and influencing C-level stakeholders.
- Comfortable leading high-level strategic discussions regarding growth opportunities and strategically prescribing growth solutions while simultaneously being able to confidently support tactical execution through implementation and product support.
- Demonstrated ability to build compelling narratives and utilize storytelling as a client engagement strategy.
- Ability to build, manage and prioritize a sales pipeline in a consultative sales context, and demonstrated ability to achieve quotas to drive growth.
- Ability to drive difficult negotiations forward but to simultaneously have the emotional intelligence to know when to try a different tact/approach
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO:
1. Think outside the box. Actually, think like there is no box
2. Dream big, work hard, never give up
3. Fail fast but learn even faster with curiosity
4. Blame no one and respect everyone
5. Remember: earning it is always better than the alternative
6. Have fun…lots of it!
Cart.com is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to identify and onboard people from all walks of life. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.