Software Developer (Houston OR Austin)
Houston, Texas /
Cart.com is an ecommerce software, services, and brand holding company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands (and a few of our own) move faster, grow later, and deliver on their promises more completely.
As a Software Developer for Cart.com you will have the opportunity to play a role in developing major aspects of its core "ecommerce-as-a-service" suite of products. You will work closely with a very strong Engineering team on product enhancements as well as greenfield development of the future of Cart.com. If you thrive in a fast paced environment, want to get in early on a startup that is scaling massively, and love seeing your work used by thousands, and soon to be millions of users, then this could be a great opportunity for you.
- Work as part of a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with designers and analysts to implement enhancements or new applications
- Develop code to meet story acceptance criteria
- Estimate level of effort to develop code to meet acceptance criteria
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
- Provide 3rd level support of software solution as needed
- Share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams, and mentor more junior developers
- Assist in designing software solutions to specific problems
- Assist in planning and selecting workstreams to improve the product and customer experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent military experience
- 3+ years of experience in Application Development, especially web applications and ASP.NET
- 5+ years of experience in Application Development, especially web applications
- Experience with client side frameworks such as React, Angular, etc.
- Experience with recent and emergent technologies such as .NET core, Docker
- Experience with Cloud computing, serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO:
1. Think outside the box. Actually, think like there is no box
2. Dream big, work hard, never give up
3. Fail fast but learn even faster with curiosity
4. Blame no one and respect everyone
5. Remember: earning it is always better than the alternative
6. Have fun…lots of it!
Cart.com is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to identify and onboard people from all walks of life. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.