SMB Account Executive
Austin, Texas /
Cart.com is an ecommerce software, services, and brand holding company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands (and a few of our own) move faster, grow later, and deliver on their promises more completely.
As a SMB Account Executive, you will use your knowledge of the ecommerce ecosystem and consultative selling abilities to drive account and GMV growth while helping current and new customers unlock value from Cart.com’s ecommerce-as-a-service offering. Leveraging your relationship-building skills, you will be the primary point of contact for clients. You will be charged with anticipating client needs and tenaciously uncovering the business needs of Cart.com’s key clients and understanding how our ecommerce software and services can help scale their business. Working with clients of all sizes, you set the vision and the strategy for how their ecommerce storefronts can increase customer acquisition, sales, customer retention and LTV. Cart.com SMB Account Executives work across multiple business units, including but not limited to: Ecommerce Storefront and Marketplace Software, Performance Marketing/Creative Development, Marketing Automation, and Payments. Business units with which you interact will expand as more of Cart.com’s solutions are brought to market.
- Become a product expert on Cart.com’s arsenal of features and benefits
- Build your portfolio of eCommerce brands by leveraging qualified inbound leads that are currently on flat-rate subscription plans and convert them to accelerated growth plans that operate on a % of transaction fees model by effectively conveying the value of Cart.com’s full suite of value-adding services and solutions.
- Deliver against assigned quota, while prioritizing and delivering outstanding customer business experience to Cart.com’s merchants.
- Implement creative ways to improve our client relationships, tailor and share performance-enhancing suggestions, and take initiative as a leader to enhance business tools and processes.
- Communicate with clients proactively, via phone, video conference and email.
- Provide strategic advice and help clients grow their store’s gross merchandising value by working closely with them in a consultative role.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in sales, eCommerce, advertising, marketing, consulting, media, online selling marketplaces, or SaaS
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically
- Ability to travel 20% of the time as required
- Experience strategically assessing and achieving client success via sales techniques, including effective questioning, objection handling and competitive selling.
- Experience working with Direct-to-Consumer/eCommerce brands, enterprise software-as-a-service sales, channel sales, advertisers, agencies, and/or clients and influencing C-level stakeholders.
- Comfortable leading high-level strategic discussions regarding growth strategies and prescribing growth solutions while simultaneously being able to dive deep to support tactical execution through integrations and product support.
- Demonstrated ability to build compelling narratives and utilize storytelling as a client engagement strategy.
- Ability to build, manage and prioritize a sales pipeline in a consultative sales context, and demonstrated ability to achieve quotas to drive growth.
- Ability to drive difficult negotiations forward but to simultaneously have the emotional intelligence to know when to try a different tact/approach
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO:
1. Think outside the box. Actually, think like there is no box
2. Dream big, work hard, never give up
3. Fail fast but learn even faster with curiosity
4. Blame no one and respect everyone
5. Remember: earning it is always better than the alternative
6. Have fun…lots of it!
Cart.com is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to identify and onboard people from all walks of life. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.