Front End Web Developer (Houston OR Beaumont OR Austin)
Houston, Texas /
Cart.com is an ecommerce software, services, and brand holding company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands (and a few of our own) move faster, grow later, and deliver on their promises more completely.
A Cart.com Front End Developer will live for helping customers sell stuff online, have a strong understanding of the platform’s capabilities, implementing designs into custom themes, plus have a strong understanding of browser and device compatibility. Knowledge of fundamental web development languages are a must to help make implemented designs that can be easily edited by the customer.
- Become a product expert on the Cart.com ecommerce platform’s theme system AmeriCommerce and how to utilize the software features
- Work hand in hand with the creative team to implement designs into usable web pages
- Use creativity to solve complex design elements and solve customer pain points
- Team-first attitude and willingness to help your co-workers provide excellent site designs and turn them to life
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to execute on implementation needs while meeting project deadlines
- Stay current with fundamental understandings of front-end technology and ecommerce feature trends
- Represent the Cart.com’s core values at all time.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2-5 years of experience in front end web development
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- Ability to travel 20% of the time as required
- Experience in implementing ecommerce website designs
- Experience in web and graphic design
- Personable and friendly persona that would resonate well with customers
Our Core Values
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They’re on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO:
1. Think outside the box. Actually, think like there is no box
2. Dream big, work hard, never give up
3. Fail fast but learn even faster with curiosity
4. Blame no one and respect everyone
5. Remember: earning it is always better than the alternative
6. Have fun…lots of it!
Cart.com is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to identify and onboard people from all walks of life. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.