Lead Product Manager - Investor Services
Product – Product Management
As the Lead Product Manager for Investor Services, you can empower investors to be more informed, stay organized, and make better decisions.
Investors are influential nodes in the Carta network and we want to be the source of truth for all of their investments in private companies. As a Lead Product Manager on the Investor Services team you will deeply understand the venture ecosystem, General Partners, back-offices, Limited Partners, and the supporting entities, in order to create compelling experiences that solve real problems and create efficiencies. It starts with data and being able to capture it with high accuracy. Then we build tools to empower better decision making.
As a Product Manager at Carta, we want you to:
- Be inquisitive - Talk to people. Ask questions. Study data. Strive to learn. Listen more. Empathize more. Search for truth.
- Synthesize information into ideas - Find themes. Connect the dots. What really matters and why? Find areas to explore and conceive of better or novel solutions.
- Put the customer first - start with “why does the customer care?” be obsessive and let it guide you.
- Bring a perspective - Always be trying to improve your answer to “what are we trying to accomplish and why?” The answer is your product strategy.
- Be bold - speak when moved to do so. Don’t be afraid to fail. Take a stand. Strive to have over weighted impact. Don’t settle.
- Tell good stories - take time to author the ‘why’, ‘what’, ‘when’ and ‘to whom’ it should matter. Present the story...it is what motivates teams when done well.
- Be the engine - Align the team with the job at hand and generate full forward momentum for the team. Be reliable, accessible, proactive and always helpful. Remove obstacles.
- Craftsmanship - Take pride in what you build. Design things that work well inside and out. Design for delightful experiences. Aim for simplicity, clarity and utility.
- Navigate through ambiguity - Know when you are stuck, define a north star, force hard conversations, identify a course forward and bring others along.
- Measure impact - be data driven. Find metrics that measure meaningful success. Use those metrics to understand what impact you are having.
- 5-7 years of prior Product Manager experience
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics or other quantitative field
- Experience working with internal stakeholders
- Experience building zero to one products
- Skilled in SQL and hands on experience working with business intelligence tools (e.g. Looker, etc.)
- Domain experience in finance or Venture Capital nice to have
Carta is creating the ownership network that maps the world's assets. Check out who we are and how we work here.
At Carta we want to create an environment for Carta's owners - you - to do your best work, by offering competitive benefits and perks:
We are committed to WELLNESS:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive PTO and unlimited sick time
We are committed to INVESTING IN YOUR FUTURE:
- 401k matching program
We are committed to A SUPPORTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Commuter benefits
- Catered lunch and unlimited snacks
- Cell phone stipend
We are committed to LIFELONG LEARNING:
- Unlimited reimbursement for work related books
- Fast paced work environment geared towards professional growth
Carta is backed by many of the best investors in the world, including Social Capital (Slack, Intercom, Box), Union Square Ventures (Twitter, Twilio, Coinbase), Menlo Ventures (Uber, Warby Parker), Spark Capital (Oculus VR, Slack, Cruise Automation), Meritech Capital (GoFundMe, Looker, Snowflake), and Tribe Capital.