Stock Plan Administrator
Palo Alto, CA
Client Services – Private Markets
We are hiring a stock plan expert and client whisperer to help us provide top-notch service to our private company clients.
We are seeking an experienced stock plan administrator to both serve as a subject matter expert and to administer private company equity plans. This role will work closely with our clients to build daily processes and written procedures that ensure compliance with applicable laws. This position will have an integral role in shaping our rapidly growing Equity Administration business.
- Establish a friendly and professional rapport with each assigned client
- Administer equity compensation in accordance with the terms of the clients’ plans
- Update client cap table as appropriate, including entry and validation of new rounds of financing and stock transfers
- Explain difficult equity and cap table concepts in plain, non-technical language
- Ensure work is completed accurately and on time
- Create and maintain process documentation and complex custom reporting
- Support client accounting, tax, human resources, internal audit, payroll, and legal teams
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues as required
- Partner with technology resources to ensure client-facing platform functionality is both accurate and industry-leading
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) designation strongly preferred, but willingness and ability to earn the designation will be considered
- Must be a competent and confident Excel user
- Strong attention to detail with ability to identify and resolve problems
- Experience providing excellent professional customer service
- Working knowledge of payroll, human resources, and equity administration systems
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate, both in writing and in person / over the phone
- Ability to work well with a distributed team
- Availability to travel occasionally
- Private company cap table experience
Carta is building the central registry of asset ownership
Everything in our world is owned by a person or a group of people. If issuing equity were as easy and cheap as paying payroll, ownership would be as ubiquitous as salaries. We think of ourselves as a utility company, laying the financial cables that will allow everyone in the world to become an owner. Come help us democratize ownership, reduce income inequality, and pull more wage-earners out of the debt stack and into the equity stack.
We are looking for extraordinary colleagues. Come join us as we build the world's next great company.