San Francisco, CA
Client Services – Private Markets
We’re looking for exceptional Account Managers to own and manage portfolios of existing customers. This includes ensuring your customers are getting value out of Carta products, closing sales of additional features, and managing them successfully through the renewal process.
As an Account Manager, you will play a critical business role at Carta. You will work with your customers to understand their business plans and develop a Carta product adoption roadmap which will enable them to accomplish their desired business outcomes.
Ideal candidates will have strong customer success, sales, and negotiation skills which will be used to help our customers understand Carta’s value, close sales of additional features, and secure renewals.
- Achieve monthly expansion sales and renewal forecast goals for the Private Markets business unit
- Leverage technology to proactively engage with customers at scale regarding Carta’s value, upsell opportunities, and upcoming renewals
- Manage customers through the renewal process, including effectively managing escalations related to contract terms
- Negotiate win-win renewal outcomes for the customer and Carta
- Identify upsell/cross-sell leads through customer interactions, and development of an account plan
- Close upsell sales opportunities for additional add-on capabilitiesWork with leaders across
- Carta to ensure issues impacting customer value, expansion sales, and upcoming renewals are proactively addressed
- Work with the Sales and Services leadership team to develop metrics and KPIs which enable the continuous improvement of expansion sales and renewals
- Proven ability to build and manage customer account relationships in an existing or new sales role, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Proven ability to establish and optimize operational processes related to customer account management
- Strong customer success skills and demonstrated ability to work through difficult conversations to preserve relationships
- Excellent communication, listening, facilitation, and negotiating skills
- Proactive, action-oriented
- Strong data analysis, organization, and prioritization skills
Nice to Haves
- Experience working with Salesforce features to manage expansion sales and renewals, and/or experience working with any customer success platforms such as Gainsight, Totango, Client Success, or Churn Zero
We are building the central registry of asset ownership.
Our team believes that the way in which assets are created, issued and transferred is inherently flawed. We live in a world where individuals can execute public market trades in a fraction of a second, but startups pay tens of thousands of dollars (and spend up to a month) to close a seed round. Carta is on a mission to change this by providing companies of all stages the best software to manage their ownership.
We are looking for extraordinary individuals to work alongside our team with experience from top technology companies. You will be building Carta from the ground up and helping build the world's next great financial infrastructure company.
Carta is backed by many of the best investors in the world, including Social Capital (Slack, Intercom, Box), Union Square Ventures (Twitter, Twilio & Coinbase), Menlo Ventures (Uber & Warby Parker) and Spark Capital (Oculus VR, Slack and Cruise Automation).
Carta is creating the ownership network that maps the world's assets. Check out who we are and how we work here.
At Carta we want to create an environment for Carta's owners - you - to do your best work, by offering competitive benefits and perks:
We are committed to WELLNESS:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive PTO and unlimited sick time
We are committed to INVESTING IN YOUR FUTURE:
- 401k matching program
We are committed to A SUPPORTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Commuter benefits
- Catered lunch and unlimited snacks
- Cell phone stipend
We are committed to LIFELONG LEARNING:
- Unlimited reimbursement for work related books
- Fast paced work environment geared towards professional growth
Carta is backed by many of the best investors in the world, including Social Capital (Slack, Intercom, Box), Union Square Ventures (Twitter, Twilio, Coinbase), Menlo Ventures (Uber, Warby Parker), Spark Capital (Oculus VR, Slack, Cruise Automation), Meritech Capital (GoFundMe, Looker, Snowflake), and Tribe Capital.