Financial Reporting Analyst
New York City, NY
Finance – Public Markets
This role requires a high level of understanding regarding stock-based compensation accounting and reporting - analysts in this role are primarily responsible for compiling audit-defensible financial reports focusing on stock-based compensation using our state of the art software. In this role, you'll be part of a highly dynamic team that's creating the future of financial reporting software for private and public markets.
This role is responsible for:
- Performing research and analysis for regulatory guidance on stock-based compensation for financial reporting purposes for current and prospective clients.
- Interfacing with accounting, finance and audit teams to understand and communicate complex accounting reports
- Managing multiple projects and deadlines and adapting one’s analysis to specified formats when creating reports
- Working with and improving Carta’s stock-based compensation financial reporting tools and models
- Basic to intermediate level of understanding related to stock-based compensation accounting/reporting per ASC-718 formerly FAS123R)
- Ability to quickly grasp new accounting guidance and apply them to current financial models
- A strong preference for creating new products and improving workflows
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Expert-level understanding of Excel
- Prior experience in a client-facing role
- CPA, CEP, or equivalent
- Work experience at a major auditing firm
- Extensive experience with stock based compensation accounting and reporting (ASC-718 formerly FAS123r, ASC-505-50, IFRS2)
- Experience in reviewing and compiling 10K or 10Q reports
Carta is building the central registry of asset ownership
Everything in our world is owned by a person or a group of people. If issuing equity were as easy and cheap as paying payroll, ownership would be as ubiquitous as salaries. We think of ourselves as a utility company, laying the financial cables that will allow everyone in the world to become an owner. Come help us democratize ownership, reduce income inequality, and pull more wage-earners out of the debt stack and into the equity stack.
We are looking for extraordinary colleagues. Come join us as we build the world's next great company.