San Francisco, CA
Client Services – Public Markets
We are looking for extraordinary individuals to work alongside our relationship management and premier customer contact center team to help build the world's next great service experience.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years experience in a client-facing role. Experience in software and/or equity compensation industry a plus,
You will interact directly with Carta’s client-base. As their primary tactical point of contact, you will address inbound requests/inquiries. A successful candidate will be comfortable and confident in written and verbal communication with all of Carta’s stakeholders including C-level executives, employees, law firms (partners and paralegals), as well as investors/board members. You will need to be able to learn quickly, execute smoothly, and intuitively solve problems.
Customer success managers at Carta have grown to become some of the strongest contributors in the organization given how thorough an understanding of the platform, our customers, and the various use cases the role demands. Customer support representatives have moved into project management, relationship management, sales, valuations, and product/engineering.
- Identify common customer challenges and actively partner closely with other cross-functional team members to translate business needs and product requirements into new solutions for customers.
- Coach customers to be product experts and train their teams on Carta methodologies so they become increasingly self-sufficient.
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of the team/company by sharing knowledge through mentorship, collaboration, and thorough documentation.
- Assist with product development by testing new features and bug fixes as well as surfacing customer feedback.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the software platform as well as all of Carta’s business units - Private Markets, Public Markets, and Fund Services.
- Triage incoming requests and identify trends/patterns across customer base in order to flag issues as well as potential solutions for the rest of the team
- Identify, reproduce, and document bugs for the product and engineering teams
- Work with Plan Sponsors and internal business partners to ensure scheduled allocations / purchases for the employee stock purchase plans are completed.
- Compose thoughtful, personalized responses for a variety of customer requests
- Coordinate and manage restricted and performance grant lapses and deliveries in accordance with prescribed plan sponsor play books.
- Update and/or coordinate plan events such as enrollment windows or equity compensation granting.
- Resolve customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Care deeply, genuinely, and passionately about client services and the role it plays in making a customer-centric company successful
- Comfortable learning quickly and taking on new challenges
- Ability to articulate both technical software issues as well as address equity/finance/accounting related questions in a clear and concise mannerHighly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Possess a helpful and professional attitude with excellent verbal and written skills
- Exhibit diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues as well as a strong sense of curiosity to solve problems
Carta is building the central registry of asset ownership
Everything in our world is owned by a person or a group of people. If issuing equity were as easy and cheap as paying payroll, ownership would be as ubiquitous as salaries. We think of ourselves as a utility company, laying the financial cables that will allow everyone in the world to become an owner. Come help us democratize ownership, reduce income inequality, and pull more wage-earners out of the debt stack and into the equity stack.
We are looking for extraordinary colleagues. Come join us as we build the world's next great company.