San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Full Stack
Carta's product development team is creating the ownership network that maps the world, and we are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to support our growing team.
The Fund Services team builds product for the investors in the Carta network to empower them support their portfolio companies through insightful real time data and also help them make better decisions about their investments.
You will have the opportunity to quickly contribute to mission critical projects and help shape fundamental aspects of the service, while reporting to the CTO and working alongside our existing engineering management and site reliability teams.
The ideal candidate has an affinity for building spectacular products and is passionate about both product development and people development. Things change quickly in our dynamic startup, so adaptability, resilience, and ability to thrive in ambiguity are key traits in this role.
Carta has a unique culture of close teamwork across Engineering, Product, and Business. See more here.
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - be ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- Lead the team that builds and scales our products
- Craft the product roadmap and drive business impact alongside our Product Managers
- Scale the team by partnering closely with our fantastic recruiters
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of engineers
- Handle incident response and communication; jump in to write code and extinguish fires as needed
- Act as an architect and work across teams to evolve the overall architecture in order to sustain the challenges presented by hyper-growth of our products
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience developing software as an engineer
- 5+ years of experience managing an engineering team of at least 8 people
- Significant experience building scalable, fault-tolerant, and robust products and platforms
- Financial services background
- Experience working in early stage environments
- Leadership experience with multiple teams of software engineers
Carta is creating the ownership network that maps the world's assets. Check out who we are and how we work here.
At Carta we want to create an environment for Carta's owners - you - to do your best work, by offering competitive benefits and perks:
We are committed to WELLNESS:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive PTO and unlimited sick time
We are committed to INVESTING IN YOUR FUTURE:
- 401k matching program
We are committed to A SUPPORTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Commuter benefits
- Catered lunch and unlimited snacks
- Cell phone stipend
We are committed to LIFELONG LEARNING:
- Unlimited reimbursement for work related books
- Fast paced work environment geared towards professional growth