Accounts Receivable Specialist
Salt Lake City, UT
Finance – Accounting
Carta is hiring an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join the finance team.
As a key member of the finance team, this position will be responsible for customer account collections and building and maintaining customer relationships through exceptional customer service. In this role, you’ll be part of a highly dynamic team supporting the growth of Carta and the creation of new processes. We need an experienced accounts receivable team member to help us with the invoicing and collection of our customer accounts. This role will have the opportunity to work closely with the Sales Organization and maintain relationships and communication between the Sales and Finance departments.
- Follow up with customers with current and past due invoices to ensure timely payment
- Routine collection efforts to major customers with past due invoices including phone calls and written correspondence
- Perform month-end reconciliations of all accounts receivable
- Help the revenue team with invoicing
- Manage past due invoice escalation process including reporting to management the status of past due invoices
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with customers
- Work closely with sales organization to resolve any customer related concerns
- Respond to customer and internal inquiries in a timely manner and with a helpful and productive response
- Other basic accounts receivable functions such as receiving customer payments, maintenance of customer accounts, monthly KPI reporting and other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years experience of accounts receivable, collections, customer service or related field required
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self motivated with ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
- Basic understanding of accounting
- NetSuite experience a plus
- SaaS industry experience preferred but not required
- Experience with NetSuite dunning process
- Knowledge of the revenue recognition criteria
- Experience in international collections
Carta is building the central registry of asset ownership
Everything in our world is owned by a person or a group of people. If issuing equity were as easy and cheap as paying payroll, ownership would be as ubiquitous as salaries. We think of ourselves as a utility company, laying the financial cables that will allow everyone in the world to become an owner. Come help us democratize ownership, reduce income inequality, and pull more wage-earners out of the debt stack and into the equity stack.
We are looking for extraordinary colleagues. Come join us as we build the world's next great company.