Head of Support
Salt Lake City, UT
Client Services – Private Markets
We are looking for an extraordinary individual to lead our Customer Support team. As the Head of Support, you will be responsible for developing and scaling a world-class customer support organization which effectively resolves issues and ensures our customers use Carta as productively as possible.
The Customer Support team provides technical support for private companies using the Carta software platform. This includes support for company equity administrators, investors, founders, legal counsel, and employees.
As the Head of Customer Support you will play a critical leadership role at Carta, and will be responsible for driving the overall customer support vision, strategy, and operational excellence which will deliver a superior support experience to our customers. You will also be responsible for designing, building, and developing a team which can execute on the vision, while scaling with Carta’s exceptional growth. As such, you must be a strategic thinker who is adept at planning, execution, people management, and using data to drive key decisions and continuous improvement initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have strong customer-management, coaching and relationship-building skills. You will be responsible for managing escalated issues directly with key customer stakeholders and for mentoring team members on how to improve the customer support experience. You must also develop strong, productive, cross-functional relationships with the Implementation, Services, Product Management, Engineering, Relationship Management, and Sales teams in order to ensure Customer Support is operating effectively across organizational boundaries.
- Establish and continuously evolve the Customer Support vision and strategy
- Develop and execute implementation plans which bring the Customer Support vision and strategy to life
- Build a Customer Support organization which is capable of executing on the vision and strategy
- Design, plan, implement, and measure process and technology solutions which foster a culture of data-driven decision-making
- Scale process, technology, and people efficiently with Carta’s exceptional growth
- Establish and drive standards of operational excellence for Customer Support Manage the financial planning and budgetary execution of the Customer Support organization
- 5+ years of work experience in customer support / customer service
- 2+ years managing customer support teams in a fast-paced, high-growth business
- Proven experience driving successful change within customer support teams
- Proven experience mapping customer journeys and implementing customer support strategies to optimize the customer support experience
- Experience designing, implementing, and measuring process & technology solutions for customer support teams
- Deep data analysis skills, ideally in customer support/ customer service domains
- Demonstrated ability to manage to financial plans/budgetsSuperior customer-facing issue resolution skills
- Proven ability to successfully partner with other teams/organizations on continuous improvement initiatives
- Customer Support system implementation experience with Salesforce.com Service Cloud and related ecosystem of Customer Support business applications
- Deep understanding and application of Customer Effort Scoring, and Customer Effort reduction methods in a software support environment
- Experience managing support in a SaaS software environment
- Experience in role design and career path / career model development and implementation
- BI/Analytics analysis experience combining operational data from multiple data sources
We are building the central registry of asset ownership.
Our team believes that the way in which assets are created, issued and transferred is inherently flawed. We live in a world where individuals can execute public market trades in a fraction of a second, but startups pay tens of thousands of dollars (and spend up to a month) to close a seed round. Carta is on a mission to change this by providing companies of all stages the best software to manage their ownership.
We are looking for extraordinary individuals to work alongside our team with experience from top technology companies. You will be building Carta from the ground up and helping build the world's next great financial infrastructure company.
Carta is backed by many of the best investors in the world, including Social Capital (Slack, Intercom, Box), Union Square Ventures (Twitter, Twilio & Coinbase), Menlo Ventures (Uber & Warby Parker) and Spark Capital (Oculus VR, Slack and Cruise Automation).
Carta is creating the ownership network that maps the world's assets. Check out who we are and how we work here.
At Carta we want to create an environment for Carta's owners - you - to do your best work, by offering competitive benefits and perks:
We are committed to WELLNESS:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive PTO and unlimited sick time
We are committed to INVESTING IN YOUR FUTURE:
- 401k matching program
We are committed to A SUPPORTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Commuter benefits
- Catered lunch and unlimited snacks
- Cell phone stipend
We are committed to LIFELONG LEARNING:
- Unlimited reimbursement for work related books
- Fast paced work environment geared towards professional growth