Technical Writer - Developer Documentation
Remote - Australia /
Carted’s mission is to connect shoppers around the world to every product on the planet — however they like to shop. We’re building a standardised database of the world’s products to enable product discovery and checkouts to be embedded within any digital surface.
To help us on our journey, we’re backed by top investors that count Canva, Safety Culture and Mr Yum among their portfolio companies, alongside Carted.
Read here to find out about the problems we're solving, how we’re solving them, and most importantly, what sets us apart from the status quo. If you’re curious, click here to read how we architected our codebase to meet our ambitious goals.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As a Technical Writer, you will help write and maintain the primary documentation and learning resources for users of our products, including an extensive GraphQL API and low-code tools.
Our documentation should make our product easy to use, be of quality and instill trust.
We’re looking for someone who’s not only detail-oriented but also capable of transforming technical documentation into something fun and exciting for the developer community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Document new products, features, and APIs
- Own the evolution of our GraphQL API schema for consistency and developer experience
- Create standards, guidelines, and best practices to be able to scale our documentation
- Create a long-term content strategy
- Organise all technical documentation including our learning resources
- Deliver technical documentation that is not only clear and accurate but also brings a sense of excitement to our users
- Communicate and collaborate with other functional teams such as our growth team to ensure a smooth user experience
- Proficient in writing technical documentation for software in a clear and concise way
- Strong experience working with GraphQL APIs
- Excited to solve problems for developers, builders, and SME startups
- A great communicator, curious, creative, resourceful, and efficient
- Thoughtful and friendly when writing, has impeccable grammar, spelling, editing, and proofreading skills
- Able to gather information from multiple team members in order to write the docs
- Proficient in HTML and Markdown
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Experience writing about Go, Node, or other backend languages
- Familiarity with modern web services and general developer tools such as Git.
Perks and benefits
10 days of additional Carter leave annually
At Carted, we value the health and happiness of our team members. In addition to holiday leave, we offer 'Carter leave', which allows you to take time for yourself to recharge, prioritize your well-being, or simply take care of personal tasks.
Equity in Carted
Carters are all issued options to own a portion of the company they work for, entitling Carters to a share of its future profits and success.
Flexibility in working hours
We know that peoples lives and commitments - parenting, study, family, health - don’t always fit the standard schedule. Our commitment to every Carter is to always work together to find a schedule that works.
Training and development budget
We want to invest in your personal and professional development so we provide an annual allowance for you to up-skill and further your knowledge.
Co-working and work-from-home allowances
We understand that our team members have different work preferences and lifestyles. Whether you prefer to work from home or from a coworking space, we've got you covered, including a lunch budget that you can use to purchase lunch each week.
Diversity at Carted
We’re dedicated to hiring diverse talent, and we ensure that we treat you with respect and support once you join Carted. We embrace diversity and strive to create conditions that provide everyone with an equal opportunity to thrive.