Senior QA Engineer
We’re on a mission to build solutions for the next generation of commerce. Ultimately we enable developers and platforms to make commerce seamless by connecting them to millions of merchants and billions of products with a single API.
Carted will power commerce experiences anywhere on the internet, allowing developers and content creators to build a direct checkout of any product from any merchant via any content on the web. Read here to find out about the problems we're solving, how we’re solving them, and most importantly, what sets us apart from the status quo. Click here to see how we architected our codebase to meet our ambitious goals.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our engineering team is expanding and we are looking for talented QA Engineers! As a key member of the development team you will build and deliver best practice quality processes, work with other members of the team to enhance their testing capability and ensure we release high quality solutions without restricting the creative process. You will also be responsible for helping celebrate when milestones are reached!
As a QA Engineer, you'll work closely with the product team to help define how "done" can be validated, and work with the development team to ensure they meet these goals. You'll be comfortable building your own testing suite and managing your own tools, with a view to ensuring as much of what you do is automated and can be incorporated into our build pipeline.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In your first month, we will give you the full induction so you understand the company culture, the product, the codebase, and our team. We will ensure that you have all the tools that you need to be successful. We’ll aim to have you testing your first code in the first 2 weeks. From there you’ll start to build and define the QA infrastructure that will become an integral part of our delivery and release process.
By 3 months you’ll have created the baseline testing infrastructure and begun to enhance the existing tools and processes already in place.
By 6 months you’ll fully own the QA function. All new projects and products will have QA baked in from the start. The team will be talking about their increased confidence in product quality, the team will be able to measure and gain insights into improvements to the product quality, and the team will be able to prevent most or all issues arising as they release products into the market.
- Be an active participant in our regular scrum rituals (standup, grooming, retro, etc).
- Work with product and design to understand the service to be able to create test cases and help define “Done”.
- Work with both the front-end and back-end engineering team to understand how the service will be built and how best to integrate testing from the outset.
- You’ll also be responsible for constructing integration tests for our external services too.
- Advocate for automated testing processes.
- Seek to continuously improve the service and technology stack.
- Experience working in a fast paced, startup or agency style environment.
- The skills and knowledge to construct and set up your own testing pipelines.
- Extensive experience in testing APIs using tools like Postman/Newman, RestAssured or similar.
- Superb communication skills.
- Solid understanding of testing web applications using tools like Selenium or similar.
- The ability to work with developers and the devops team to create QA environments in an AWS and or GCP infrastructure.
- Experience being comfortable building end-to-end functional tests to exercise the entire system.
We are a well-funded, fast-growing startup with people around the globe. You will have autonomy and ownership of the work you do, with flexible hours.
Worklife balance - We believe in a healthy and happy you, and a huge part of that is work/life balance. We focus on output rather than hours of working.
Holiday! - Holiday is called holiday at Carted and NEVER ‘annual leave’. Holiday is your time and we want you to enjoy it. We offer a generous amount of time off! No one is rewarded at Carted for spending time in the office, so do not ever feel like you can’t take time off. It should help you achieve better results in the long term.
Carter leave - There are some days where you just need to take some time for yourself to rest and recharge. On top of our holiday leave we also give you Carter days, where you can take some time and put your wellbeing first.
Diversity - We’re dedicated to hiring diverse talent, and we ensure that we treat you with respect and support once you join Carted. We embrace diversity and strive to create conditions that provide everyone with an equal opportunity to thrive.
Transparency — We won't always get it right. When we get it wrong, we'll admit and learn why. We default to working in the open, allowing everyone to understand context and contribute. We’re open about both our strengths and weaknesses.
Training and Development - We want to invest in your personal and professional development so we provide an allowance for you to up-skill and further your knowledge.
Annual budget to fly around the world to work with other Carters! We provide you with a budget per year for you to travel to any city where a Carter is located.
A team of smart individuals - We bring people in who will raise the bar. We foster an environment that is constantly learning and trying new things. Carted is a place that is safe to fail and try again. We promise that passion and energy will never be lost in what we do.
We like to learn quickly, do things differently and most importantly... have fun! 🎉