Senior Developer Advocate
Growth & Partnerships /
We’re on a mission to build solutions for the next generation of commerce. Ultimately we enable developers and platforms to make commerce seamless by connecting them to millions of merchants and billions of products with a single API.
Carted will power commerce experiences anywhere on the internet, allowing developers and content creators to build a direct checkout of any product from any merchant via any content on the web.
We’re looking for a Senior Developer Advocate who is ready to build and grow the Carted developer community. Your primary goal would be to spread the word about Carted by immersing yourself in the right communities, identifying speaking and content opportunities, and empowering developers to successfully build commerce solutions of the future using the Carted API.
You’re a developer who is eager about creating new solutions and educating fellow developers. You’re passionate about deep technology that inspires innovation in a rapidly growing space like ecommerce.
You’ll have the freedom to choose from a myriad of technical topics to work on, while also making sure the information we put out in the world is accurate, credible, and attractive to developers. You will also be responsible for measuring and replicating success with proven formats and channels.
- Build Carted’s developer community from the ground up and become the go-to specialist for all things Carted.
- Demonstrate the Carted API’s capabilities by showcasing examples in Go & React.
- Engage with the developers online and in-person to collect feedback, help overcome technical challenges, facilitate the design and development.
- Write and drive high-quality technical content that enables developers to understand and build on the API.
- Be the voice of Carted in public forums, external videos and events for developers building on Carted’s API
- Enable a feedback loop with our product and engineering teams.
- Drive new customers to the Carted API offering.
- Become a thought leader on where the industry is going, and where new opportunities lie.
- Builder: a developer who has built things for other developers. Ideally, you would have 4+ years of experience in software engineering with at least 2 years experience in building and scaling technical communities.
- Storyteller: demonstrate the value of the product through strong communication and technical writing skills across a range of channels (social media, blogs, talks, etc.).
- Passionate: Pursued side projects, research, or open source projects. Your technical background enables you to get into the finer details of API development.
- Self-directed: constantly thinking about what is best for the business and executing on it.
- Customer Centric: You are passionate about empowering developers at all levels of experience, and making complex tasks simple. You have experience writing high-quality code samples that engage developers in Go & React.
WHY COME AND JOIN OUR TEAM
We are a well-funded, fast growing startup with people around the globe. You will have autonomy and ownership of the work you do, with flexible hours
We offer a competitive base salary plus equity, so you are rewarded for your best work. On top of this we offer generous paid holidays. Holiday is called holiday at Carted and never ‘annual leave’ as we are big believers that holiday is your time and we want you to enjoy it! We also provide you with top-end equipment to make your space enjoyable.
We have a training and development allowance to invest in your personal and professional development.
If you're not based in our awesome Sydney HQ, we offer a co- working membership.
We like to learn quickly, do things differently and most importantly... have fun! 🎉