Head of Product
Product & Design – Product Management
From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way we run businesses. Everything happens somewhere, but visualizing data to see where things are isn’t the same as understanding why they happen there. CARTO is the world’s leading Location Intelligence platform, enabling organizations to use spatial data and analysis for more efficient delivery routes, better behavioural marketing, strategic store placements, and much more.
Data Scientists, Developers and Analysts use CARTO to optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes through the power of Spatial Data Science.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is poised to lead the LI space.
The Product team at CARTO is formed by the Engineering, Product Management, and Design Teams (around 50 people). As the Head of Product, you will directly manage a team of great Product Managers, and have a close relationship with the CEO, CSO & Founder, CTO, and the Tech and Design leads.
The product department is divided in 3 areas: Connectivity and integrations, Data and analysis, and Platform and operations.
The team works right now on a variety of challenges of diverse nature like:
- To become the leading Location Intelligence Platform where our customers can solve spatial problems with the best data and analysis.
- Helping to standardize location based data streams and offer them in an easy-to-consume catalog to enrich our customers data analysis.
- Making CARTO a better-connected platform easily integrated with other platforms.
- Defining with the Marketing and BizOps teams strategic projects (e.g. new pricing plans) and implementing them with the help of the technology teams.
What do we expect from you?
- You will lead the entire product management department. A team composed of four product managers and a design lead. You’ll need to guide and help them to grow individually and as a team.
- Focus on delivery. You’ll need to supervise and ensure a good delivery process for every piece of work. You’ve to be agile, iterative, and help product managers to prioritize what it’s really important to delight customers.
- Product Outcomes. We work with a product outcome approach where each area defines the outcome and the outputs for each quarter. Your mission here is:
- Guarantee this process runs smoothly.
- You get the input of all company departments.
- Help product managers to prioritize based on business metrics.
- To communicate internal and externally what the product team did, what is doing and what it’ll do the next. Data driven. Ensure that what we build has metrics associated and we then take decisions influenced by the data we haveManage internal and external feedback.
- Competitive, results-based compensation.
- A great and high-qualified team to work with.
- Challenging projects.
- Work closely with top players in the geo spatial market (Google, Uber, Microsoft…)
- A powerful platform used by top companies around the world.
- Career growth and the chance to learn and use the latest technologies in real projects.
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment at the center of Madrid
- A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks, good coffee, a self-built arcade, and cinema :)
- This position is based in our Madrid or Seville office.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.To learn more about us, please visit our blogor follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).Not the right job for you? Take a look at the rest of our openings at carto.com/careers