NA Sales Director (NYC)
New York, New York
Everything happens somewhere - which is why spatial analytics is fundamental to companies trying to understand the “where” and the “why” of their business. CARTO is the leading cloud-native location intelligence platform, trusted by data scientists, data analysts, and developers from companies such as T-Mobile, Mastercard, NHL, Coca-Cola and Gap to provide geospatial insights for use cases such as site selection, geomarketing, route optimization, network planning and much more. With an exceptionally diverse team of 200 people spread across the US and Europe, CARTO (backed by Insight Partners and Accel Partners, among others) is changing the way companies analyze location data - making it simple to do this straight out of modern, cloud data warehouses. Redefining its category, the company has grown rapidly in recent years, providing a compelling alternative to modernize legacy GIS software.
To continue our growth, we are looking for a high-energy, highly-motivated, and resourceful Sales Director for North America with experience in B2B SaaS and sales through partners.
As the Sales Director at CARTO, you will play a role in driving our sales efforts in the United States and Canada. You will be responsible for enhancing accountability, delivering coaching, and making sure your team achieves the highest standards in pipeline management while fostering a high-performance culture. Your proven track record in selling to Telecommunication and Insurance sectors and an existing network of contacts within these, while not mandatory to this position, will be invaluable in achieving our sales objectives.
Experience in leading teams selling B2B SAAS analytics is required. Experience in geoanalytics will be a plus.
- Sales Leadership: Provide strategic direction and leadership to the sales team, setting clear goals and objectives for the sectors strategically defined by the company, and ensuring alignment with company targets
- Pipeline Management: Implement and optimize pipeline management processes, ensuring a steady flow of qualified outbound leads and opportunities through the sales funnel
- Coaching and Development: Coach, mentor, and develop the sales team, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and skill development
- Performance Culture: Promote a results-oriented and performance-driven culture within the sales team, setting and tracking KPIs to measure success in sales
- Sales Methodologies: Implement and refine sales methodologies, including MEDDPICC, tailored to the needs of our prospects, driving consistency and effectiveness across the sales organization
- Market Analysis: Stay up-to-date with industry trends, competitive landscape, and customer needs in our target sectors to identify new opportunities and market segments
- Strategic Partnerships: Collaborate with the Partnerships Department to identify and nurture strategic relationships that can drive sales growth in these sectors
- Sales Forecasting: Develop and maintain accurate sales forecasts, ensuring alignment with company revenue goals
- Customer Relationships: Leverage your existing network of contacts to build and maintain strong relationships with key customers and partners within our target verticals, driving customer satisfaction and retention
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a Sales Director or Sales Lead
- Experience selling analytics tools
- Exceptional coaching and mentoring skills, with a passion for developing sales talent
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strategic thinker with the ability to drive sales strategy and execution
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to change
- Collaborate internally with key cross-functional stakeholders including marketing, sales, product, engineering, legal, and more
- Proven track record of successfully selling to Telecom and Insurance organizations, with a strong network of industry contacts, is not required but a strong plus
- Familiarity with geoanalytics and location intelligence technology is a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- Excellent benefits, including 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees
- Generous—really generous—time off
- 401(k), with an annual match of up to $1000 (1-year vesting)
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming, multicultural and multilingual company
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, age, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).Not the right job for you? Take a look at the rest of our openings at carto.com/careers