Technical Partner Manager
New York, New York /
Go to Market – Solutions Engineering /
From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way business happens. CARTO is the platform that turns location data into more efficient delivery routes, better behavioral marketing, strategic store placements, and much more. Everyone, from business analysts to developers and data scientists, use our software and location data to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is leading in the Location Intelligence (LI) space.
To continue our growth, we are looking for a high-energy, commercial and resourceful Partners Manager with experience in B2B SaaS to help our partners leverage the value of our Location Intelligence platform.
- Lead the design, delivery, effectiveness, and continuous improvement of the enablement programs for existing partners.
- Deliver live and virtual training programs that equip our partners with the knowledge they need to successfully incorporate CARTO to their proposals.
- Maintain a Partnership Knowledge repository with curated content, self-service, and certification mechanisms, ensuring all content is current.
- Manage and nurture a set of new, fast-growth and high potential partnerships to enable our partners’ success, increase their adoption of CARTO, strengthen and expand our relationships, and execute upon our overall platform strategy.
- Build deep relationships with key internal and external stakeholders inside our most strategic partners. Evaluate the strategic and economic impact of potential opportunities with the partners you’ll manage, and prioritize your efforts based on imCollaborate internally with key stakeholders including marketing, sales, product, engineering, legal, and more.
- Contribute to shaping our platform partnership strategy and building repeatable processes and scaled engagement models.
- Build/develop our partner value proposition towards the partner.
- Establish -together with the Business development manager-, CARTO’s future strategic partnerships, including demand generations programs.
We’re looking for someone who has
- Proven track record (2-3 years) in technical partnership management, technical project management, solution engineering, or similar roles interfacing with external developers.
- Experience presenting and delivering technical pitches to external developers across a range of use cases including data engineering, database administration, data science, frontend development and more.
- Strong communication skills and eye for detail. This role requires the ability to create informative documents and present them directly to Senior Leadership and to external partners.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as Google Cloud and AWS, and is comfortable working with teams discussing different tools within these platforms.
- An entrepreneurial self-starter that can take a project and run with it, digging into data and coming up with strategic recommendations.
- Experience working with product and technical teams.
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements.
- Experience working with large cloud providers is a plus.
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment.
- Excellent benefits, including 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees.
- Generous—really generous—time off, 401k with match, and stock options.
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming, multicultural and multilingual company.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.