UI Developer - Remote
Madrid, Spain /
Engineering – Front-end /
From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way business happens. CARTO is the platform that turns location data into more efficient delivery routes, better behavioural marketing, strategic store placements and more.
Everyone, from business analysts to data scientists, use our software and location data to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes.
We are now looking for a UI Developer to join our Marketing team who enjoys the challenge of bringing together the arts of design and programming. Reporting to our VP Marketing, you will work closely with a team of talented designers and marketers, enabling us to communicate in a compelling and effective way with our users and prospects across our website, increasing lead generation.
Location: This position is based out of our Madrid or Seville offices, but you can also work remotely (in fact, most of our team is already doing so). If you work remotely, some sporadic trips to Madrid will be required to gather with your coworkers or to attend some relevant events. In any case, no more than 5% of your time.
- Work closely with designers, bridging the gap between graphic design and technical implementation - collaborating with our engineering team along the way
- Translate UI/UX design wireframes into actual code
- Optimize applications for maximum speed, technical SEO requirements, and scalability
- Ensure that development, coding, privacy, and security standards are adhered to at all times
- Enhance user experience while ensuring compatibility with existing platforms
- Be data-driven and savvy about metrics and tracking and why they matter to increase conversion
- Challenge the status quo and bring new ideas to the table
- Connect the website/application with our sales and marketing stack to boost conversion funnel performance and ensure a seamless experience for the end user
- +2 years experience working on similar tasks
- Front end, especially static pages & scss (bonus points for Jekyll / Hugo)
- Experience with CMS systems (we used Strapi and Contentful)
- Basic SEO knowledge
- Metrics & tracking tool knowledge (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, etc)
- Proficient experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- Ability to work in a rapid development environment on time-sensitive projects and tasks
- High-energy and proactivity
- Strong communication skills
- A strong level of English (really! almost all of our communication is in English)
- Autonomy, curiosity & good energy
- API manipulation (Hubspot, Salesforce, Google Analytics)
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment at the center of Madrid
- A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks, good coffee, and even a ping-pong table and cinema :)
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).