Sales Development Representative
Madrid, Spain /
Marketing & SDR – SDR /
From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way business happens. CARTO is the platform that turns location data into more efficient delivery routes, better behavioral marketing, strategic store placements, and much more.
Everyone, from business analysts to developers and data scientists, use our software and data to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes. Trusted by brands such as Mastercard, T Mobile, Bain, New York City and Postmates, our platform allows them to increase revenues and decrease costs through the power of Location Intelligence.
To continue our growth in enterprise, we are looking for a high-energy, creative and curious Sales Development Representative (ideally in Madrid, but open to remote candidates). This individual would report to our Sales Development Lead, who is based in our Madrid office joining a sales development team of 7 people split between London, Madrid, NYC and DC, as well as working closely with our Account Executives team.
As an SDR you will:
- Develop new business leads and enhance existing relationships with strategic accounts, using outbound and inbound tactics to identify new opportunities.
- Use our sales toolbox to drive opportunity creation. These tools include Salesforce, Hubspot, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Outreach, Zoominfo and Lusha, among others.
- Learn and be curious about our customer’s business problems, whether it’s geomarketing for CPG firms or supply chain optimization for last mile delivery players. You will invest time attending webinars, listening to podcasts, reading industry reports and following industry influencers who help you understand our prospects better.
- Conduct sales development best practices with email, phone, and social drips using enablement technology to connect with new prospects.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the sales and marketing team to develop and implement appropriate prospect communication plans in line with our Account Based Marketing strategy, coordinating with our Account Executives to qualify opportunities; prepare for and book pitch meetings with target prospects.
- Be able to demonstrate the value of CARTO for enterprise organizations, adapting your demo scripts and messaging to the needs of the customer.
As an SDR, you are:
- Energetic, with a positive attitude
- Curious about technology and business
- Determined to get the job done and productive in the way you do it
- Creative and proactive in daily tasks, whether it’s copywriting for an outbound cadence or throwing together a follow up deck in Google Slides
- Diligent and good at multitasking in a fast paced environment, a long to-do list doesn’t freak you out
- A critical thinker, fast learner and very capable of internalizing information and articulating relevant value.
- Tenacious – you know every “no” you hear is a learning opportunity and one step closer to the next “yes.”
- Assertive – you’re likable, but aren’t afraid to ask for what you want.
- Coachable – no matter your experience you’re never done learning.
- Quick witted – you see objections as an opportunity to practice verbal jousting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Driven, eager to learn, and desire to pursue a career in tech and SaaS sales.
- Ideally 1-2 years business experience, preferably in a results-oriented sales environment. But open to recently graduated individuals looking for their first opportunity in tech.
- Prior lead generation experience or cold-calling experience a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in English
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our Employee Stock Options Plan
- Private Medical Insurance
- A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks, good coffee, and even a ping-pong table and cinema :)
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming, multicultural and multilingual company.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Provide us your resume and a letter explaining your interest. Be sure to let us know why you’re a great match for this role and for CARTO!
If you really want this job, then please share 3 brief bullet point reasons in the cover letter section as to why you would like to work at CARTO. No need for a long, formal cover letter, but just something punchy to show why you’re our next rockstar SDR.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).