Go to Market – Solutions Engineering
From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way we run businesses. Everything happens somewhere, but visualizing data to see where things are isn’t the same as understanding why they happen there. CARTO is the world’s leading Location Intelligence platform, enabling organizations to use spatial data and analysis for more efficient delivery routes, better behavioural marketing, strategic store placements, and much more.
Data Scientists, Developers and Analysts use CARTO to optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes through the power of Spatial Data Science.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is poised to lead the LI space.
This position is based in our Madrid office.
- Work very close to the go to market team, helping them understand our customer’s challenges, building a vision for a solution that solves the problem, and ultimately delivering the proposed solution
- Understand what a customer wants to accomplish and how that will be transformed into a custom geospatial solution
- Transform those requirements into a functional scope and budget estimate so the sales team can prepare a complete offer for the customer
- Help the sales team describing the proposed solution in the proposal
- Work hard and have fun!
- 3 years of expertise in GIS consultancy, preferably in the data science, BI, geospatial and analytics field
- Strong GIS technology knowledge
- Experience working on solution-oriented apps
- Skills with HTML+JS to bootstrap a quick prototype in order to tailor a demo
- A collaborative work style that can thrive in a flexible, fluid operating environment
- A positive mindset. You’re self- motivated with a sense of urgency in executing and delivering growth. You run quickly with little supervision
- Most of all, you are optimistic, data-driven, smart, and eager to learn!
- Complete fluency in both English and Spanish
- Flexibility to attend meetings in the Eastern US time zone (UTC-4). Work hours at CARTO are completely flexible, so as long as you can attend those meetings, the rest of the schedule is up to you.
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- Private medical insurance and stock options.
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming multicultural and multilingual company with a supportive, team-work oriented work environment.
- An opportunity to get in early to a company that will be category defining, backed by the same VCs that have backed companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox and Cloudera.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.To learn more about us, please visit our blogor follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).Not the right job for you? Take a look at the rest of our openings at carto.com/careers