Back-end Support Engineer
Madrid, Spain /
Solutions – Support /
From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way we run businesses. Everything happens somewhere, but visualizing data to see where things are isn’t the same as understanding why they happen there. CARTO is the world’s leading Location Intelligence platform, enabling organizations to use spatial data and analysis for more efficient delivery routes, better behavioural marketing, strategic store placements, and much more.
Data Scientists, Developers and Analysts use CARTO to optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes through the power of Spatial Data Science.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is poised to lead the LI space.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and client-minded Engineer to help keep our customers and partners happy and engaged and to help grow their use of location intelligence to solve problems. Besides this person will work by developing fixes and solutions in CARTO’s backend. This position is based out of our Madrid or Seville office but you can also work remotely. While regular travel is not expected for the role, some travel to customer sites and/or events is required.
What you’ll do:
- Be part of our Response Team. This means that you will be developing and enhancing the CARTO platform continuously.
- Collaborate closely with the whole Engineering Team on priority issues and acceptance testing; be part of the release process.
- Provide guidance and best practice advice while answering product- and developer- oriented questions about CARTO’s technology and offerings
- Solve requests from the customers.
- Participate in training sessions for clients and partners
- Collaborative and client-focused mindset
- Ability to learn quickly and on your own
- Comfortable working with distributed teams and across time zones (we have offices in CET and EST timezones)
- Interest in technology and the cloud geospatial industry
- Familiarity with geospatial topics:
- Thematic mapping techniques
- Commonly used services, libraries, and formats
- Data visualization and science
- Knowledge of:
- Ruby on rails
- GitHub experience (using branches, Pull Requests, etc.)
Desirable, but not required:
- CARTO stack experience/knowledge
- Experience working with big datasets and ETL tasks
- Basic Systems Administration experience
- Geospatial Python
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability. To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).Not the right job for you? Take a look at the rest of our openings at carto.com/careers