Sevilla, Spain /
Solutions – Engineering - Professional Services /
From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way business happens. CARTO is the platform that turns location data into more efficient delivery routes, better behavioral marketing, strategic store placements, and much more.
Everyone, from business analysts to developers and data scientists, use our software and data to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes. Trusted by brands such as Mastercard, T Mobile, Bain, New York City and Postmates, our platform allows them to increase revenues and decrease costs through the power of Location Intelligence.
For some months now, we have been facing a great technological challenge by being involved in the most complicated mobility and indoor projects by far. We're pushing technology to the limit.
That’s why we are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced Android engineer who will contribute toward excellence in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
CARTO is defining the future of Indoor Location, our suite of indoor solutions are changing the way people move inside buildings. We spend more than 85% of our time indoors, so… Join us to accomplish such a great challenge with a great team.
Our mobility team provides an Indoor SDK, that can be plugged into other Apps to provide Indoor capabilities in a very easy way:
- Visualize the cartography with cutting edge vector technology.
- Get the location inside of a building without GPS with a precision < 5 meters.
- Calculate routes between two points.
- Calculate routes for people in wheelchair.
- Calculate routes based on real-time “traffic”. For example, if there is a security control with a jam we provide alternative routes or notice about the time.
- Turn-by-turn navigation with voice instructions.
- All the previous capabilities (except “real-time”) are available without internet connection.
The position will be remote, but you can also work from our offices from Seville or Madrid.
See a demo of our SDK in action here.
- Work on AENA indoor for Android. CARTO provides the Indoor routing capabilities to the official Aena app. It provides real time routing and for thousands of users at the major airports in Spain. For more info check out the routing App at Google Play, it might be one of the biggest indoor solutions in the world. Build the Indoor SDK for the next application of El Corte Ingles where Indoor Mapping is a key component. The biggest retail company in Spain.
- As they’re production ready Apps that have a direct impact on revenue of biggest companies, you’ll work on a good testing framework to guarantee a 99.9% uptime.
- Design and build architectures that could scale up whereas regressions are reduced.
- Enforce sound development practices and ensure the quality delivery of enterprise mobile solutions - Technical Requirements, Solution Architecture, Methodology.
- 3yrs+ experience in Android native development.
- Strong understanding of Java/Kotlin and Android concepts, necessary for troubleshooting.
- Experience building architecture based on project requirements and industry best practices.
- Strong understanding of dependency management, dependency-injection, and inversion of control.
- Strong understanding of layer separation and implementation of patterns like MVP/MVVM/Architecture Components.
- Experience designing and developing mobile SDKs and integrating mobile apps with web-services and external APIs.
- Any experience with the most famous Maps SDKs (Google Maps, Mapbox, CARTO, etc.)
- Competitive, results-based compensation.
- Access to our employee stock options plan.
- A real challenge with a great team. We strongly believe we can bring our Indoor SDK to many places and applications.
- Private medical insurance.
- Flexible work hours.
- English lessons.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).