Everything happens somewhere - which is why spatial analytics is fundamental to companies seeking to understand the “where” and the “why” of their business. CARTO is the leading cloud-native location intelligence platform, trusted by data scientists, data analysts, and developers from companies such as Vodafone, IKEA, Decathlon, Coca-Cola, and Mastercard to provide geospatial insights for use cases such as site selection, geomarketing, route optimization, network planning and much more.
With an exceptionally diverse team of 170 people spread across the US and Europe, CARTO (backed by Insight Partners, Accel Partners, and Salesforce Ventures) is changing how companies analyze location data, simplifying how it is done by leveraging modern cloud data warehouses. Redefining its category, the company has grown rapidly in recent years providing a compelling alternative to legacy GIS software.
Many of our customers use CARTO to add interactive maps and spatial analysis insights to their web applications and products. We provide a set of APIs and libraries that allow developers to visualize large amounts of data on such maps and perform spatial analyses at scale. Thousands of developers use our products and we serve billions of requests per day.
To continue this growth, the Product team is looking for a talented, experienced and customer-focused Product Manager, with previous experience managing B2B SaaS products for the large enterprise sector, to help us craft the best product for our customers and to keep modernizing the geospatial industry with our technology.
Our Product team advocates for our users and our business, setting the vision for our growing family of products. We use data, research, strategy, and empathy to guide multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work.
The preference for this position is to be working from our offices in Madrid or Seville, with flexibility for hybrid remote work. We are open to considering full remote candidates too. This position will be reporting to our VP of Product.
- Discover, understand, document, analyze and translate user needs into product priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications, working closely with customers and stakeholders from different teams: Engineering, Solutions Engineering, Customer Success, Product Marketing, Legal, Sales, etc.
- Collaborate with the different stakeholders across the organization to define the product strategy in order to ensure that our platform meets the requirements of large enterprise organizations - this includes topics such as adoption and onboarding, customizations and settings, white-labeling, security & governance, authentication methods, data access policies, metrics & logging, and supporting deployments in complex enterprise setups. Understand the geospatial and data analytics industry and the industries where CARTO is used most, defining a competitive position and working cross-functionally to build and launch a business plan and go-to-market strategy.
- Care about what the team is building, the quality of what is being shipped to the end-user, and maintaining a top class product documentation.
- Manage and coordinate ongoing initiatives, collaborating with Engineering and Design teams to prototype, validate, coordinate, and iterate to maximize the value of our product for our customers.
- Work closely with client-facing teams like Marketing, Support, and Sales to focus first on the customer/user-needs to understand the potential value and complexity of the problem before jumping into solutions and features.
- Collaborate with our cloud partners (Google, Amazon Web Services, Snowflake, Databricks, etc.) to ensure CARTO is the best solution to visualize and analyze geospatial data on top of their platforms.
- Make evidence-based decisions and communicate them to the rest of the company. Be a proactive communicator that is customer and data-obsessed and can convey the meaningfulness of what we build to the broader team.
- Measure and track the performance of ongoing initiatives, defining, implementing and tracking the right set of metrics.
- +3 years of previous working experience as Product Manager in the B2B SaaS sector.
- Experience managing the implementation of enterprise-ready products: from onboarding and discovery experiences for different user profiles to features such as Single Sign-On, roles and permissions, SLA, deployment methods, audit logs, compliance…
- You are a self-starter and have the leadership skills required to guide a team towards launching successful products and features.
- Bonus points for the experience working with data & analytics platforms such as Google Cloud BigQuery, Snowflake, AWS Redshift and/or Databricks, and fluency working with SQL.
- You have basic coding skills and a broad understanding of the technical components of a B2B SaaS product, such as APIs, libraries, integrations… Bonus points if you have a technical background and/or experience in enterprise IT-related topics.
- You are able to stand up for your opinion and point out the risks when making decisions.
- You are able to prioritize the problems to tackle based on business needs and provide a transparent picture of the project status to the stakeholders.
- You have a strong sense of empathy for users.
- You have a bias for action. You can work through complex situations and ambiguity to bring order to the most complicated projects.
- You have strong written and oral communication skills.
- You are very fluent in English
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
- Contribute to a platform used by top companies around the world. Your work will have a direct impact on our users and clients.
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- Education stipend
- Remote work stipend
- Flexible compensation
- English classes
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, age, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).
Not the right job for you? Take a look at the rest of our openings at carto.com/careers