Senior Marketing Manager
New York, New York /
Marketing & SDR – Marketing /
From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way business happens. CARTO is the platform that turns location data into more efficient delivery routes, better behavioral marketing, strategic store placements, and much more.
Everyone, from business analysts to developers and data scientists, use our software and location data to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is leading in the Location Intelligence (LI) space.
To continue our growth, we are looking for a high-energy, commercial and resourceful Senior Marketing Manager with experience in SaaS B2B marketing to translate the value of our Location Intelligence platform to our target buyer personas in enterprise, positioning our product through campaigns that drive opportunity creation in close partnership with sales and customer success. This role will report directly to our VP Marketing who is based in London, as well as working closely with colleagues in our NYC, Madrid and Seville offices.
Ideally this candidate would be in NYC, but we are open to remote candidates on the East Coast.
- Drive lead generation & opportunity creation in partnership with sales and marketing in our top verticals (which include CPG, Logistics and Retail) in North America, positioning the value of spatial analysis for relevant use cases such as Geomarketing, Supply Chain Optimization or Site Selection.
- Create high-quality content to engage prospective buyers of our platform. Whether it is a webinar deck on indoor mapping, a case study in partnership with Mastercard or a sales deck focused on spatial analysis for COVID-19 related use cases - you are ready to research and learn fast to create materials that will be valuable to generate leads and help our sellers close business.
- Execute on an ABM strategy for target accounts in North America. You feel comfortable using different tools such as Hubspot, Salesforce, Outreach and others to roll-out an ABM strategy in close collaboration with our CMO and CRO to ensure we gain traction in both existing and new accounts in key verticals.
- Position our solutions in relevant forums with punchy and effective messaging. You will work closely with different stakeholders across the business to position CARTO’s technology through relevant channels. Whether it’s industry analysts, vertical specific PR or influencers in the spatial analytics space - you are resourceful in finding ways to help our brand and technology reach a wider audience.
- Partner marketing with strategic integration and technology partners. You will work closely with other team members to open new channels through co-marketing with our partner network, collaborating with them to gain exposure to wider audiences through effective collaboration.
- Thirsty to learn about the space: constantly gaining intelligence on existing and new competitors, eager to consume podcasts and webinars or read relevant reports to keep your finger on the pulse of our industry and the ones we sell to. When you don’t know how to do something, you just find a way to learn about it.
- Commercial acumen: you care about what moves the needle for opportunity creation, rather than focusing on vanity metrics.
- Data-driven: you are passionate about using data from Salesforce, Google Analytics, Hubspot and other platforms to drive an effective demand generation strategy.
- An exceptional communicator: both internally between departments and externally with clients and partners. You don’t just hang out with the marketers, you make the effort to spend a significant amount of time with sellers, pre-sales, data science and product to gain insights that are relevant to your work.
- Customer-centric: obsessed by the needs of our clients and prospects, constantly learning about how their challenges are evolving.
- A gifted curator of content: less is more, quality over quantity. You know how to write a punchy press release, a killer landing page or sharp social media copies.
- A true challenger: you’re not scared to challenge the status quo and guide our marketing strategy, working closely with senior leadership.
- You have bias for action: you get a buzz out of crossing things off your to-do list, you have the “get it done” attitude.
- A gifted copywriter and storyteller: you can translate highly complex technology concepts to compelling stories that our customers and prospects actually care about.
- 5 or more years experience working in the SaaS, data or technology space in a product or marketing role.
- An ability to translate the value of technology into business outcomes, engaging clients in enterprise.
- A track record of creating high quality content and campaigns for a B2B technology product.
- Experience working with Hubspot, Salesforce, Google Suite and Content Management Systems.
- Experience interacting with technical stakeholders at a SaaS company.
- Experience working with teams in multiple locations and cultures.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in B2B SaaS in North America, ideally in Data Science, GIS, Advanced Analytics, Business Intelligence or Big Data ecosystems.
- Experience in external-facing meetings with partners and prospects.
- An eye for design and brand guardianship.
- Video editing skills (e.g. Final Cut).
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment.
- Excellent benefits, including 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees.
- Generous—really generous—time off, 401k with match, and stock options.
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming, multicultural and multilingual company.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.