UK and Northern Europe Senior Account Executive - Remote
London, United Kingdom /
Go to Market – Sales - RoW /
CARTO is changing the way some of the world’s biggest companies (Mastercard, T-Mobile, Google, Twitter) analyze their spatial data and is now looking for an ambitious, creative and tech-savvy sales professional to play a key role in growing the EMEA business with a focus on the UK, working to nurture and expand existing accounts as well as acquiring new ones.
Working across a range of sectors such as Retail, Logistics, Utilities, Telecommunications and Financial Services, you’ll regularly be discussing some of the most interesting spatial challenges that your clients want to solve. Whether it’s where to install the next 50 electric vehicle charging points, where to roll out the latest in 5G technology to telco customers or how to consolidate a leading retailer’s store network across Europe.
Do you have a passion for solving the most challenging customer problems with spatial data? Are you intrigued by the future of spatial analysis? Do you want to be part of a high performing team, at a rapidly growing tech company with an awesome culture? Do you have expertise and demonstrated success selling software for analytics, BI, data science, or GIS? If so, we want to talk to you!
Although you will spend time - post-COVID-19 - visiting customers, prospects and partners around the UK and the rest of Europe - you will have access to work at Geovation, a hub for geospatial companies in the Barbican area. This is a great space to interact with the community, host client meetings and spend time with CARTO co-workers who are also based in London / visiting the UK.
- Be a senior, highly motivated seller who is eager to lead the expansion of our customer base in the UK and help grow it in Northern Europe.
- Work with leading companies in EMEA (such as Vodafone, JLL and some of the largest management consulting firms) to develop a deep understanding of their needs and match them to the CARTO value proposition.
- Meet and exceed direct sales goals.
- Work hard and have fun!
- 5+ year track record of success in selling SaaS products in a sales or business development capacity, preferably in the geospatial, data science, BI and analytics space. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in GIS.
- Experience achieving or exceeding quota in closing complex deals (> €100k ASP) and winning and handling key accounts.
- Experience working on creative, consultative, solution-oriented sales and business development activities.
- A collaborative work style that allows you to thrive in an international, fast-paced and dynamic team.
- A positive mindset. You’re self-motivated with a sense of urgency in executing and delivering growth. Most importantly, you are proactive, self-sufficient and the type of person to look for something yourself before asking where it is.
- Very good organizational skills.
- Based in London.
- Most of all, you are optimistic, data-driven, smart and eager to learn!
- Fluency in English, knowledge of other European languages is also desirable.
- Competitive, results-based compensation.
- Flexible work hours in a focused, but casual environment.
- Excellent benefits, and stock options.
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming multicultural and multilingual company with a supportive, team-work oriented work environment.
- An opportunity to get in early to a company that will be category-defining, backed by the same VCs that have backed companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox and Cloudera.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Send us your CV and explain your interest. Be sure to let us know why you’re a great match for this role and for CARTO!
Do you feel that you don't meet all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).