Strategic Partnerships Manager
New York, New York /
Go to Market – Sales - NA /
From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way business happens. CARTO is the platform that turns location data into more efficient delivery routes, better behavioral marketing, strategic store placements, and much more.
Everyone, from business analysts to developers and data scientists, use our software and location data to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is leading in the Location Intelligence (LI) space.
To continue our growth, we are looking for a high-energy, commercial and resourceful Strategic Partnerships Manager with experience in B2B SaaS to help our partners leverage the value of our Location Intelligence platform.
As a Strategic Partnerships Manager you will be responsible for building and executing partner management strategies that drive understanding and adoption of CARTO solutions with strategic business partners. This position will work cross functionally to manage and deepen the partner relationship through the development of business building strategies, excellent communication and product/marketplace expertise.
The position is open to candidates who are based anywhere in the United States.
- Responsible for identifying, cultivating, and managing a set of fast growing, high potential key strategic technology relationships to drive revenue.
- Manage a scalable Partner management program that enables new partners to effectively sell and integrate the CARTO platform, increase success through the adoption of CARTO, and develop a shared value proposition.
- Drive strategic growth plans for key strategic partners including, market assessment, revenue projections, go-to-market plans, and quantifiable metrics of success.
- Build deep relationships with key internal and external stakeholders inside our most strategic partners to strengthen and expand our relationships and execute upon overall platform strategy.
- Evaluate the strategic and economic impact of potential opportunities with the partners you’ll manage, and prioritize your efforts based on importance.
- Contribute to shaping our platform partnership strategy and building repeatable processes and scaled engagement models.
- Collaborate internally with key stakeholders including marketing, sales, product, engineering, legal, and more.
- Maintain a Partnership Knowledge repository with curated content, self-service, and certification mechanisms, ensuring all content is current.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in technology, or data and analytics in client facing, strategic or marketing roles, preferably in SaaS-based technology companies.
- Strong relationship management skills, ability to operate with little oversight, be an executor, and be able to drive excitement and growth across partners.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as Google Cloud and AWS, and is comfortable working with teams discussing different tools within these platforms.
- Demonstrated experience developing effective communication and outcome-driven channel partner strategies resulting in revenue.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, fluid work environment.
- Proven ability to think ahead, engage proactively and take initiative.
- Strong communication skills and eye for detail. This role requires the ability to create informative documents and present them directly to Senior Leadership and to external partners.
- An entrepreneurial self-starter that can take a project and run with it, digging into data and coming up with strategic recommendations.
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements.
- Experience working with large cloud providers is a plus.
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment.
- Excellent benefits, including 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees.
- Generous—really generous—time off, 401k with match, and stock options.
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming, multicultural and multilingual company.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.