Content Marketing Manager
Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain /
Everything happens somewhere - which is why spatial analytics is fundamental to companies trying to understand the “where” and the “why” of their business. CARTO is the leading cloud-native location intelligence platform, trusted by data scientists, data analysts and developers from companies such as Vodafone, IKEA, Decathlon, Coca-Cola and Mastercard to provide geospatial insights for use cases such as site selection, geomarketing, route optimization, network planning and much more.
With an exceptionally diverse team of 150 people spread across the US and Europe, CARTO (backed by Insight Partners, Accel and Salesforce Ventures, among others) is changing the way companies analyze location data - making it simple to do this straight out of modern, cloud data warehouses. Redefining its category, the company has grown rapidly in recent years providing a compelling alternative to legacy GIS software.
To continue our growth, we are looking for a high-energy, creative, native English-speaking and resourceful Content Marketing Manager to help us develop a content strategy to build brand awareness, drive pipeline and enable our customer-facing team members to have high-quality conversations with enterprise companies. This role will sit in our Content Marketing team, reporting to our Marketing Director (based in NYC).
- Set the strategy for content creation in markets outside of North America, looking at growing Location Intelligence and Spatial Analytics trends and within our key verticals (Retail, CPG, Logistics and Telecoms) to inform relevant content topics.
- Build compelling content that positions CARTO as a leader in the Location Intelligence space, including blogs, ebooks, press releases, case studies and more.
- Create eye-catching and digestible social media content to drive engagement and promote brand awareness.
- Implement SEO tactics across our website and online content to increase site visits and click through metrics.
- Proactively perform copy audits in conjunction with any new product launches, new partners, new verticals, changes in go-to market strategy, etc.
- Work cross-functionally with product marketing, sales, solutions engineering, product management and customer success to deliver against content priorities.
- A gifted curator of content: less is more, quality over quantity. You know how to write a punchy press release, a killer landing page or mindblowing case study.
- A strategic copywriter and storyteller: you can translate highly complex technology concepts into compelling stories that our customers and prospects actually care about.
- Thirsty to learn about the space: constantly gaining intelligence on existing and new competitors, eager to consume podcasts and webinars or read relevant reports to keep your finger on the pulse of our industry and the ones we sell to. When you don’t know how to do something, you just find a way to learn about it
- Commercial acumen: you care about what moves the needle for opportunity creation, rather than focusing on vanity metrics
- Data-driven: you are passionate about using data from Salesforce, Google Analytics, Hubspot and other platforms to drive an effective demand generation strategy.
- An exceptional communicator: both internally between departments and externally with clients and partners. You don’t just hang out with the marketers, you make the effort to spend a significant amount of time with sellers, pre-sales, data science and product to gain insights that are relevant to your work.
- Customer-centric: obsessed by the needs of our clients and prospects, constantly learning about how their challenges are evolving.
- A true challenger: you’re not scared to challenge the status quo and guide our marketing strategy, working closely with senior leadership.
- You have bias for action: you get a buzz out of crossing things off your to-do list, you have the “get it done” attitude.
- 3 or more years experience working in a marketing role, regularly crafting content and copy for campaigns.
- An ability to translate the value of technology into business outcomes, engaging clients in enterprise.
- Experience working in B2B SaaS, ideally in Cloud, Data Science, GIS, Advanced Analytics, Business Intelligence or Big Data ecosystems.
- A track record (and varied portfolio) of creating high quality content and campaigns for a B2B technology product.
- Experience working with sales and marketing technology such as Salesforce, Hubspot, Outreach and Gong (or similar).
- Experience interacting with technical stakeholders at SaaS, cloud or data analytics companies.
- Experience working with teams in multiple locations and culture.
- An eye for design and brand guardianship .
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment.
- Excellent benefits, including 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees.
- Generous—really generous—time off, and stock options
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming, multicultural and multilingual company.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
Only applications in English will be considered.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.