Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate, In Vitro Pharmacology
Foster City /
Cartography Biosciences is a therapeutics organization creating the first atlas to identify targets that are specific enough to only engage cancerous cells, broad enough to work across cancer cells and patients, and safe enough to sidestep toxic side effects. Founded by Kevin Parker, Howard Chang, and Ansu Satpathy, Cartography is bridging immunology and computation to understand the critical differences between normal and cancerous cells, ultimately solving the challenge of finding the safest, most selective targets for a variety of immunotherapeutic approaches.
Our Immunology team is seeking an experienced and driven Research Associate or Sr. Research Associate to help build and advance our cell therapy platform capabilities. Reporting to one of the Sr. Scientists on our In Vitro Pharmacology team, you will be responsible for profiling and evaluating the functionality of novel cell therapy products in our development pipeline.
Our ideal candidate will have experience with primary cell culture of mouse or human cells with a working knowledge of immunology, functional assessment of primary or CAR-T cells, as well as experience developing flow cytometry protocols. Experience with designing and executing high throughput immune cell functional assays would be a plus! This position is in a highly collaborative, innovative and rapidly evolving environment and interfaces with multiple teams and functions across the organization.
What You'll Do:
- Engineer T cells with novel receptors for in vitro and in vivo testing
- Apply experience in T cell functional assays to screen synthetic immune receptors for a portfolio of cell therapy applications
- Support the development of new methods for high-throughput functional screening of large protein libraries in primary immune cells and cell lines
- Work with interdisciplinary teams to establish and test novel cell therapy approaches
- Maintain familiarity with the relevant current literature and its application in cell therapy
- Coordinate tasks across multiple projects, demonstrating prioritization and planning
- Interpret and effectively execute experiments in line with project timelines and goals
- Interpret, record, and present experimental data at group meetings and company meetings
- B.S. or M.S. in Molecular Biology, Immunology, Protein Engineering or a related field, with 2+ years of relevant research experience in industry or academia
- Experience with functional screening of engineered immune cells
- Experience with tissue culture practices and sterile technique
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry and data analysis
- Experience working collaboratively across multidisciplinary teams
- Possess and exemplify entrepreneurial behaviors such as agility, accountability, transparency, resourcefulness, and the ability to get things done
- Demonstrated ability to perform as a team player
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Cartography Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive, open working environment and a diverse workplace. People from diverse racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply. Cartography is also committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and skill acquisition. As a Cartographer, you will be exposed to cutting-edge molecular biology and computational methods development and have opportunities to learn, grow, and diversify your skillset.