Chief Concierge, 8500
TheChiefConciergewillmanagetheconciergeteamtoensuretheteamprovides the highest level of service to exceed residents’ expectations, doing so with efficiency, professionalism, creativity, and sound business decisions. This individual will train, coach, and develop the Concierge team to achieve continuous service improvements, and will hold the team accountable to Caruso standards.
The Chief Concierge will function as a brand ambassador and curator for the Property, and will cultivate relationships throughout the city to benefit its residents. This includes maintaining an updated network of the best available service providers, vendors, partners, and industry counterparts.
This individual will have a broadbase of knowledge in a wide variety of areas, and must embody the Caruso Service Brand. Position will report to the property’s General Manager.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Utilize all resources available to ensure full knowledge and understanding of 8500, in order to provide an exceptions luxury experience for our guests and residents.
- Fulfill guest/resident service requests including but not limited to; In Home Dining orders, restaurant reservation, travel arrangements, maintenance requests, dry cleaning services, package delivery, bell carts runs, as well as any and additions legal request to fulfill the “full service” commitment.
- Communicate and document any tenant/guest compliment, complaints, or additional feedback and provide follow up to solve these issues.
- Coordinate resident's needs with other departments as required through lateral service, to ensure a seamless guest experience outcome.
- Organize, record and reserve resident transportation arrangements, including the 8500 House Car and alternatives, compiling monthly usage reports.
- Support the leasing team with all building inquires by collecting contact information and providing property information.
- Communicate and document any resident compliments, complaints or additional feedback and provide follow up to solve these issues.
- Record and ensure all requests from residents are recorded in the designated data entry systems of GO Concierge and Real Page.
- Provide General Manager with monthly updates regarding team’s achievements, challenges, and progress.
- Properly use and follow the Radio Etiquette guidelines to perform assigned tasks and communicate efficiently to appropriate departments.
- Greet all residents with the Caruso Hospitality Standards and proper phone greeting. Be informed of all necessary property information. This involves reading and being aware of the Daily Discussion, Concierge shift notes and following the hospitality steps of service.
- Properly resolve resident complaints through exercising "LEAP" from the Caruso Hospitality Standards.
- Employee shall work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The employee shall at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors. Under no circumstances will non-cooperative behavior be tolerated.
- Follow the Steps of Service and be aware of all property information, events and provide a 5-Star service experience for all residents.
- Assist with occasional Bell Cart runs and In-Home Dining orders.
- Assist on variations of task such as, however not limited to:
- o Work orders through Real Page
- o Leasing information
- o Resident feedback entries
- o Producing monthly summary reports calls, Real Page, In Home Dining, and GO Concierge activity.
- Able to present and maintain a business professional appearance daily in the mandatory uniform assigned to this role.
- Impeccably mannered & discreet
- Positive, proactive work ethic and approach
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to maintain a professional and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a hospitality setting. Luxury experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Professional and pleasant tone of service.
- Self-starter with lots of initiative, team spirit and positive outlook.
- Tenacious with excellent follow up.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize workload.
- Proven problem-solving and intrapersonal skills.
- Extremely strong organizational, project and time management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Possess the ability to be creative, flexible and think “outside the box”.
- Solid judgment.
- Strong work ethic.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Able to push a Bell Cart of Flat Bed up to 30 pounds
- Sitting and/or walking up to 8 hours a day
Caruso is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Caruso considers all applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.