Finance & Accounting Coordinator
The Finance & Accounting Coordinator works closely with the Chief Investment Officer, SVP, Controller and VP, Tax on a variety of tasks and assignments. The position requires an excellent work ethic and the ability to work both independently with minimal direction, and cooperatively as a team. Must be extremely organized, detail oriented, and able to consistently and accurately manage multiple on-going tasks. Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with a polished demeanor is required. Must be willing to work overtime as needed and will be compensated in accordance with State/Federal Law.
Essential functions and responsibilities
- General administrative duties including, but not limited to: general accounting, document organization and management (Filing -Digital and Paper, Scanning/Faxing, Copying, preparing check requests, invoice coding and approval), data input, download monthly statements, file and archive statements and securities confirmations.
- Assist in preparing financing proposals and setting up data rooms for various lending groups.
- Monthly investment reporting and reconciliation of brokerage accounts.
- Available to assist various members of the accounting department as assigned.
- Journal Entries - create and post.
- Assist with monthly Sales Tax filing
- Assist with property tax and license tax filing
- Reconcile various bank and/or investment accounts.
- Coordinates the following for Accounting
- Company Autos/Watercraft/Aircraft:
- o Create and manage company forms & correspondence
- o Track auto inventory, insurance and registration
- o Manage and distribute insurance and registration
- o Process invoices for payment
- Document Management:
- o Obtain Signatures to finalize documents
- o Print Annual F1096 and F1099
- o Complete Forms and Applications as requested
- o Process Annual Company Insurance Policy Applications
- o Create and manage files for new entities
- Company Banking:
- o Process Applications for new bank accounts
- o Download Monthly Bank Statements
- o Analyze Monthly Bank Charges
- o Download and Code Monthly Loan Statements
- o Process Daily Wire transfers and upload into AvidXchange
- o Review previous day bank reporting
- o Enters monthly loan draws/requests for approval
- o Annual Corporate Minutes
- o Copy/Scan/Mail Annual Tax Returns
- o Prepare Monthly Dealership Flash Report
- o Prepare Sales Tax Reports
- o Research outstanding Invoices
- o Manage Corporate Credit Cards
- o Manage Flight Crew Expense reports
- o Distribute email reminders for all past due invoices in AvidXchange
- o Special Projects
- Life Insurance Policies:
- o Manage and track premium payments
- o Code and process invoices for payments
- o Maintain monthly cash-flow schedule
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College degree in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Prior experience in an accounting or investment environment preferred.
- General knowledge of accounting principles and protocols.
Caruso is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Caruso considers all applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative