Vice President, Public Relations
The Vice President of Public Relations will manage all corporate communications, consumer PR and social media strategy for Caruso.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Communications, the VP of Public Relations will work closely with brand, digital and property marketing to enhance brand and tenant exposure. S/he will help develop and drive the execution of a number of PR programs and act as the strategic voice to clients. This role requires the ability to thrive in a fast-paced sometimes ambiguous environment, and shift between long-term strategy and real-time issue management.
Lastly, the VP of Public Relations will play a crucial role in leading and developing a team of high performing communications professionals to achieve the Company’s business objectives.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities to align and integrate social media, marketing, and retail to drive top line revenue
- Develop ongoing relationships with tenants’ corporate Marketing/PR teams to coordinate and maximize efforts and educate them on the Caruso brand and partnership
- Build and maintain close relationships with editors, producers, reporters, key influencers, bloggers
- Provide strategic leadership to marketing/PR team that supports all new openings, special events and property announcements in integrated, brand-appropriate manner
- Ensure earned media support for existing lifestyle centers and residential properties, projects in development (hotel and mixed-use), event/brand activation sponsors, and consumer events each year
- Partner with Leasing to ensure tenant opening announcements are placed appropriately in select media outlets and communicated to generate buzz, impressions, and additional leasing interest from like-brands
- Work with EVP of Leasing to implement bi-annually events that increase Caruso brand awareness amongst targeted tenants for our properties (e.g. CEO Dinners, WWD Cocktail Event, etc.)
- Support all crisis communications and issues management with EVP, Communications, by partnering with relevant Executive Committee members as needed based on the nature of the issue
- Review and provide guidance on media requests; demonstrated proficiency in writing and editing materials including media materials, client correspondence and reports
- Develop creative story angles and consistently secure coverage in high-impact print, broadcast and online media outlets that align with and support our business goals
- Oversee the monitoring and reporting of press placements and influencer partnerships
- Establish PR success metrics and tracking
- Cultivate talent and provide leadership, coaching, and career development planning for team members. Ensure productivity is maximized and quality is delivered
- 8-10 years of experience managing integrated marketing and communications programs, marketing and/or PR/Communications function for a retail or hospitality company.
- Ability to translate changing market dynamics into actionable strategy and implement the strategy to achieve communications objectives
- Strong track record of building corporate reputation and delivering communications strategies that have a measureable impact on the bottom line
- Proven crisis management experience and skills
- Pragmatic problem solver with ability to excel in fast-paced environment
- Excellent ability to organize, synthesize, and present information in a written and verbal manner
- Strategic, energetic, hands-on, self-starter
- Demonstrated quick thinking and agility
- Strong influencer and relationship builder with internal leaders and external influencers
- Experience with all media platforms including: print, social/ digital, and video in a global environment
- Ability to direct and supervise teams, outside agencies and consultants
- Proven track record of effective collaboration with executive management, peers and direct reports
- BA or BS preferably in communications, public relations or journalism. MBA a plus.
Caruso is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Caruso considers all applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.