Vice President, Architecture
The Vice President of Architecture will be responsible for the day to- day oversight of multiple Caruso projects to ensure that the design intent for each project is executed successfully from concept through completion. This executive will be skilled in both design and construction methods for high-end luxury developments to help provide quality assurance and quality control design direction and oversight. The position is accountable for successful coordination with all internal and external teams involved in a project, and also guiding and inspiring external design consultants to produce their best work using experience, resources and talent in a cost effective way. The VP of Architecture will collaborate with team members to eliminate financial risks during construction along with ensuring design information is the right quality and tracks within project timelines. The role emphasizes self-starter skills with a high level of personal integrity, business ethics and communication skills.
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Very strong communication skills and a natural collaborator and team player on complex projects.
- Resolves complex planning, design and construction project related issues, disputes and disagreements
- Participates in selection of FF&E color palettes & material presentations, and generate specifications.
- Cost Consciousness- Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures, contributes to profits and revenue, and conserves organizational resources.
- Understands business implications of decisions and aligns all work product in conjunction with the strategic goals of the organization.
- Quality management- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Oversees and maintains relationships with external professionals and consultants.
- Manages contractor and vendor performance during construction phase through site visits and report review.
- Provides functional direction over areas of responsibility including project schedules, cost control, dispute resolution, contract administration and quality control.
- Manages all activities relating to the project and interfaces with the project team, other departments, contractors, consultants and all authorities having jurisdiction.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Intermediate MicrosoftOffice Suite(Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Must have working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and AutoCAD.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership, project management, communication and relationship-management skills.
- Proven track record leading the design, planning, and cost estimating process.
- Self-motivated to meet deadlines and improve process and deliverables.
- Ability to work well with others during high pressure and tight deadline situations.
- Able to function effectively in a highly visible position that requires maturity, assertiveness, integrity and the ability to lead, influence and persuade others.
- Business analysis skills, with the ability to identify implications and provide consultative solutions and recommendations.
- Experience developing FF&E and architectural finish specifications for documentation and review. Coordination of final placement of FF&E installation with all parties involved and maintain FF&E budget for all phases of the project interiors is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture and a Licensed Architect.
- Minimum of 10 years’ of experience in a similar role focusing on luxury retail, high-end residential, 5-star hotel, design and development.
Caruso is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Caruso considers all applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.